2nd August 2016, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Arts stream students are eligible for BCA admission?

I am Poonam Kaur Lohiya. I did 12th class with arts stream. My subjects were English,Marathi, Political Science, Geography and corporation. I scored 73% marks in class 12th. Am I applicable for BCA? Please reply as soon as possible.

3rd August 2016, 07:57 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Arts stream students are eligible for BCA admission?

No, Arts stream students are not eligible for BCA admission.

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is an undergraduate course in Computer Application. It is a three year duration course.

Eligibility for BCA course :

The candidate should possess 10+2 or its equivalent Degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class.
3rd August 2016, 12:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to get admission in BCA course if you have completed your 12th boards from Arts stream as the minimum eligibility criteria in order for any candidate to opt for BCA course is that he/she should have completed 12th examination with science background from a recognized board having scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate(50% is only the minimum eligibility criteria, most of the institutes have an upper cut-off for admission).
3rd August 2016, 02:42 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Poonam Kaur Lohiya. I did 12th class with arts stream. My subjects were English,Marathi, Political Science, Geography and corporation. I scored 73% marks in class 12th. Am I applicable for BCA? Please reply as soon as possible.

Yes, the arts stream students are also eligible for BCA admission. A pass in 12th standard or equivalent from any State Board or CBSE/ISC or equivalent, scoring minimum of 50% marks are eligible for the BCA admission (However some colleges insist on Mathematics subject as mandatory in 10+2). The arts students can study the course in the following institutions
Amrita University - Wesbtie Link
IGNOU - Website Link
LPU - Website Link
Chandigarh Group of Colleges - Website Link
3rd August 2016, 04:07 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and as the suggests it is a bachelor degree course of three years including six semesters. The course is gaining popularity in modern era as it is professional IT course which is the demand of this digital era.

The basic educational requirement for the same course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognised board. But the academic of student must include English as one of the main subject.

So being a arts stream student in your Class 12th you are eligible for pursuing the same course if your academics includes English as the main subject.

At last I would like to make you one thing clear that top colleges may have their specific eligibility criteria or do conduct entrance examination for admission in their institute. So for more details about the procedure of admission in your desired institute you must either visit the college campus or log on to its official website.
3rd August 2016, 06:02 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for BCA course. Some colleges provide admission on the basis of percentage earned in 12th standard while some take entrance test. So consult to college authority before taking admission.

Every student who passed 12th standard are eligible for BCA course. Here stream doesn't matters.
3rd August 2016, 06:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised board are eligible to study BCA course. You can get direct admission in BCA course on basis of your 12th standard board examination marks as there is no entrance examination conducted for offering admission in BCA course. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with 73% aggregate marks from a recognised board, you are eligible to get admission in BCA course.
3rd August 2016, 10:58 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications.

>> Bachelor of Computer Applications is an undergraduate Information Technology course and the duration of this course is three years.

>> Yes you are eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Computer Applications course after completion of your 12th class in art stream.

>> For Bachelor of Computer Applications course candidate must have 12th pass from a recognized board.

>> The minimum percentage required in 12th class for Bachelor of Computer Applications course is 50%.
4th August 2016, 07:26 PM
Bharatchaduhary
Junior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for BCA. Some colleges provide admission on the basis of 12th standard percentage. Some of the colleges get direct admission and some colleges get admission after clear the entrance exam.
8th April 2017, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 2 arts. My subjects are elective English,psychology and fine arts. I am interested in psychology. I wanted to became a psychologist. What i have to do now??? Can i do b.sc?? Or i have to do neuroscience????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?