16th August 2016, 10:41 PM
Hemanth 143

Qualifications required for NDA?

I want to know the qualifications which are required for NDA. I want to join it and its my dream. Please let me know the details.

Thanks

17th August 2016, 09:37 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Qualifications required for NDA?

NDA Stands for National Defence Academy.

It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year to recruits the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Educational Qualifications required for NDA Examination:-

For Army wing of National Defence Academy:-

Candidate Must have passed 12th Class from a recognized School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University

For Air Force and Naval Wings:-

Candidate Should have passed 12th Class of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics subjects conducted by a State Education Board or a University
17th August 2016, 10:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is a academy which provides necessary education and trainings to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination with an aim of becoming commissioned officer in Indian Defense Sector. NDA has three wings which includes Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air force.

To join NDA one has to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which involves written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum requirement for appearing in the NDA entrance examination are as given below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. But for joining Indian Navy and Indian Air force you need to have Physics and Mathematics in your academics for must.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norms as mentioned in the notifications of the examination.

For further details about NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
17th August 2016, 10:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. You must have done 10+2 from a recognized board. Senior Secondary board appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

If you want to join Navy or Air Force, you must study Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.

2. Age criteria: You must be between 16.5-19.5 years to apply for this exam.

3. Only male candidates who are unmarried are eligible to apply for this exam.

Those who meet all these three qualifications are eligible to apply for NDA exam when notification comes.
17th August 2016, 10:43 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice in a year with the name;NDA I and NDA II.The candidate who wishes to join Indian Army has to clear the entrance exam conducted by UPSC.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy. It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : Unmarried male candidate only.

Edu. qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.

Eligible candidates can apply online through its official webite @ http://upsconline.nic.in.

Important dates for NDA exam :-

Closing Date for form submission - 15-07-2016

UPSC NDS & NA Exam (II) 2016 - 18th September, 2016
18th August 2016, 12:41 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth 143 View Post
I want to know the qualifications which are required for NDA. I want to join it and its my dream. Please let me know the details.

Thanks
NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
18th August 2016, 12:54 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and the examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year in April and September every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or even pursuing from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

It is necessary to have Mathematics and Physics as main paper in +2 for Air Force and Navy where as for Army candidates of any discipline are eligible.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th August 2016, 01:15 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination provides a better opportunities for male candidates to join defence services after 10+2 as an officer.

The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 10+2 or pursuing in it. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, if you have above qualification you are eligible to appear for examination. To appear for written examination for recruitment in Air Force or Navy it is necessary that candidate must have mathematics and physics in 10+2.

The syllabus for examination is available at official website of examination conducting body (UPSC) at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?