18th August 2016, 10:58 AM
MD burhan

Eligibility for admission in MCA after B.com and without maths background?

Hi i am completed my b.com.. I want to make my career in computer field and want to pursue MCA. Is am eligible for MCA without maths background? your answer will help me in taking any decision.

18th August 2016, 03:45 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission in MCA after B.com and without maths background?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application and it is two year master's degree from recognised university.

No, you are not eligible for admission in MCA as the eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have mathematics as main paper in 10+2 to appear for examination.

So, if you do not have mathematics as paper in 10+2. You are not eligible for it.
18th August 2016, 06:56 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission in MCA after B.com and without maths background?

MCA stands for Master of Computer application.

Eligibility criteria for MCA:

1. Minimum academic qualification required for this examination is bachelor's degree in streams like science, computer applications, engineering etc.

2. Mathematics is compulsory for candidates who want to do MCA.

As you have not studied mathematics, you are not eligible for MCA course.
18th August 2016, 08:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. The duration of this course is 3 years. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree in Computer Applications or in Science/ Arts/ Commerce/ Engineering stream from a recognised university and those who have studied Mathematics subject in 12th standard or Graduation are eligible to study this course. Since, you have not studied Mathematics subject in your 12th standard or B.Com course, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing MCA course.
18th August 2016, 10:05 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. M.C.A. or Master of Computer Applications is a postgraduate Information Technology course. The duration of this course is three years.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

For Master of Computer Applications course candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized university. Also candidate must have mathematics as a subject in their 12th class or any one year of bachelor degree.

I am sorry to say you are not eligible for MCA after B.com and without maths background.
19th August 2016, 12:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD burhan View Post
Hi i am completed my b.com.. I want to make my career in computer field and want to pursue MCA. Is am eligible for MCA without maths background? your answer will help me in taking any decision.
No, you are not eligible for MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for MCA entrance exam but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.

List of the MCA entrance exams are, NIMCET, IIT-JAM, JNU, DU, VITMEE, TANCET, RMCAT, OLET (Haryana), BHU, IPU, KMAT etc.
19th August 2016, 01:01 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in MCA course without having mathematics as background.

To get admission in MCA course it is required that candidate must have pursue bachelor degree in BCA, B.Tech or Bachelor of Science.

It is also needed that candidate must have pursue minimum mathematics till 10+2.

Candidates with above qualification are eligible to get admission in course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?