27th October 2016, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?

Sir/Mam,

I am reading in 2nd year in diploma in mechanical branch in govt.polytechnic.Can I get admission in IIT or NIT after completing diploma without completing 2 exam and sir also tell me the procedure of IIT JEE.

Thankyou.......

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?
  2. What is the basic eligibility criteria required to join in IIT or NIT? Can I join after completion of diploma course in Mechanical branch?
  3. Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in NIT or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  5. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. How to join NIT and IIT after completion of diploma coruse?
  7. What are the possibilities of getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma?
  8. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  9. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  10. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  12. Is there any possibility to get admission into IIT after doing diploma in mechanical
  13. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  14. Lateral Entry in NIT through AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Is it possible for me to get admission in NIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. How to study Electronics in IIT/NIT for a candidate after completion of Diploma in Embedded Systems?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  18. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
27th October 2016, 01:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?

On the basis of diploma you can surely apply for JEE for admission in IITs but, you will get admission only in 1st year of B.Tech, if you are successful.
There will be no lateral entry admission available for you in IITs, as they only offer first year admission through JEE main and advanced.
27th October 2016, 09:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for getting admission in IIT or NIT after completion of diploma course in mechanical branch?

After completion of three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get admission in first year of engineering course in IIT but, not in NIT. To get admission in IIT, you have to appear in JEE Main examination but, your JEE Main examination scores can't be used to apply for admission to engineering course in NIT except as a gateway to appear in JEE Advanced examination. If you qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination then, you can get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies.
27th October 2016, 09:43 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the IIT and NIT after the completion of Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from Science background studying PCM from a recognised Board are eligible for the admission in IIT and NIT.
However, you can opt B.Tech through lateral entry process in the Colleges which offers the said course through lateral entry process by appearing in the LEET examination.
27th October 2016, 11:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am reading in 2nd year in diploma in mechanical branch in govt.polytechnic.Can I get admission in IIT or NIT after completing diploma without completing 2 exam and sir also tell me the procedure of IIT JEE.

Thankyou.......
No, you can't get admission in B.Tech course in IIT and NIT. Lateral entry exam is not conducted for IIT and NIT admission.

So you can try for other University for B.Tech/ B.E course.
27th October 2016, 11:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE examination which is necessary to qualify to get the admission in the NIT or IIT.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 from recognised board with PCM as main paper.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?