27th October 2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NEET exam after passing class 12th (PCM)?

Hello Sir, I have passed 12th in year 2006 (Arts) but now I have passed 12th (PCM) from private. Can I apply for NEET exam after passing class 12th (PCM)? Please answer as soon as possible.

29th October 2016, 04:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for NEET exam after passing class 12th (PCM)?

No, you are not eligible for NEET exam after passing class 12th in PCM stream because the required stream is PCB i.e.; Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology.

Eligibility criteria for the NEET :-

-The candidate must be an Indian citizen.

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board of education. There will be relaxation of 5% marks for OBC/SC/ST candidates.

-The candidate age limit should be from 17 to 25 years as on 31st December of the year of exam. The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC/SC/ST candidates by 5 years.

29th October 2016, 06:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and the examination is conducted by the CBSE every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th examination from recognised board and must have minimum 50% in PCB.

The age limit is 17-25 years and relaxation in age for reserved category. So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with PCM in 10+2.

For more information about examination visit at www.aipmt.nic.in.

29th October 2016, 07:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a national level medical entrance examination for admission in MBBS/BDS degree courses in any medical college of India.

* The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must have the nationality of India with your age lying between 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

b) You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with a overall aggregate of 50% from a recognized board of examination.

So being a science stream student but with PCM group you are not eligible to appear in NEET as it is evident for the same examination you need to be a PCB group candidate.

For more details regarding NEET you can log on to the link www.aipmt.nic.in.

29th October 2016, 07:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, as you have completed your 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics so you are not eligible to apply for NEET exam. To apply for NEET exam candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from a recognised board with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories. So you are not eligible to apply for this medical exam.

29th October 2016, 08:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the examination.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and the national level test conducted by CBSE every year. The examination is conducted for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

It is necessary to have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper. So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination without PCB.

29th October 2016, 09:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must have PCB or PCMB stream in class 12th, if you are looking to apply for NEET. You haven't studied biology, which is the most important subject for NEET.

So, PCM is not the required stream for appearing in NEET. Just make sure you have studied biology with physics and chemistry to become eligible for NEET.

29th October 2016, 09:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for NEET Entrance Examination after successful completion of 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. The minimum qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NEET Examination is given below.

>> You must have done or appeared in 12th Class with the below mentioned subjects of
* Chemistry
* Biology/ Biotechnology
* English
and
* Physics

>> You must have secured minimum 50% marks in 12th Class in order to be eligible.

29th October 2016, 10:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination after passing 12th standard with PCM stream. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with 50% aggregate marks of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects taken together and you should have passed English as a subject in 12th standard. Since, you have not studied Biology subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination.

30th October 2016, 12:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a single national level medical entrance examination replacing AIPMT and all state PMTs held for admission in undergraduate medical courses i.e; MBBS/BDS in medical colleges of India.

--> The minimum qualification you must have possess to appear in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you will seek admission in the first year of your undergraduate degree course. Further age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology i.e; PCB group as your main subjects with a overall aggregate of 50% from a recognized board of education. Further marks relaxation of 10% in qualification marks is applicable for reserved category candidates.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCM group i.e; with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects you are not eligible for appearing in NEET as your Class 12th academics does not include Biology as main subject which is one of the requirements of same examination.

For further details and notification regarding NEET you can log on to its official link www.aipmt.nic.in.

30th October 2016, 12:57 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much appear for NEET examination, the minimum educational requirement is that the candidate should have completed their +2 level of education with PCB and should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.

30th October 2016, 10:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I have passed 12th in year 2006 (Arts) but now I have passed 12th (PCM) from private. Can I apply for NEET exam after passing class 12th (PCM)? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for NEET entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

15th January 2017, 04:40 PM
sapnayadav51

No, you are not eligible for this "NEET" exam after have passed 12th with PCM.
Eligibility criteria:
>The student must be an Indian.
>The student should have passed 12 with PCB with minimum 50% marks from a Board.
>The student age must be from 17 to 25 years of exam.

30th June 2017, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for NEET after qualifying class 12th with 70% in Biology, chemistry and physical education?

15th July 2017, 11:12 PM
Sourabh001

Default I have passed 12 PCM. Then passed Biology as a single subject. Am i eligible for NEET

Sir, I hav passed 12th PCM from the UP BOARD in 2017. Then I have passed BIOLOGY as a additional single subject frame UP BOARD in 2017. Am I Eligible for the NEET or other Medical entrances..???

6th May 2018, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

My friend wrote neet entrances two times she got less than hundred can she write again

9th May 2018, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I want to go in medical but I am passed 12th by PCM what's process to go in medical line. Can I eligible for NEET exam?

8th November 2018, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

I am student of B.A 2nd year(arts), I pass 12th by PCB can i appear in neet exam?
Fast reply me sir as far as possible.

23rd November 2018, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to know that i am passed 10 2 pcm then only biology from privet ,i want fill up neet form can i fill up please tell me sir

25th November 2018, 10:15 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

You must have the nationality of India with your age lying between 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.
candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology

30th November 2018, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 PCM. Then passed Biology as a single subject as regular student . Am i eligible for NEET

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?