8th November 2016, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU?

Sir/Mam, Is it possible for me to pursue PHD after completing PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU. What are eligibility criteria and please let know how to apply for PHD degree if Yes..?? Please let know I will be grateful to you. Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. How can i do Ph.D. in Architecture and Urban Planning field?
  2. From which university I should do distance PhD in Architectural & Urban Planning being a PG Diploma holder with 28 years of experience?
  3. How much stipend is offered to PhD(Urban Planning) candidates in SPA, Delhi? Course structure of PhD(Urban Planning)?
  4. How can I do Ph.D in Architecture and Urban Planning
  5. How can I do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  6. What should be done to complete Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  7. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD(Urban Planning) in SPA, Delhi? Formalities to get admission?
  9. What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D in architecture and urban planning?
  10. Eligibility to study PhD for an Architect who has completed B.Arch 30 years ago, Master's in Construction Management 27 years ago and PGD in Urban Planning 2 years ago?
  11. When the notification of PhD(Urban Planning) will be released in SPA, Delhi? Eligibility to apply?
  12. Syllabus for Ph.D English entrance test of Calcutta University? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which diploma course should i choose that may help me in joining the World Bank?
  14. List of universities which offer PhD in Economics/Public Administration/Urban Planning/Politics/International Development/Statistics in Europe for postgraduate in Public Administration candidate? Total expenses to study PhD in Europe?
  15. Can I do part time PhD being an M.Sc(IT) postgraduate of IGNOU?
  16. List of universities which offer Master's Degree in Urban Planning with GIS in USA, Australia and Canada?
  17. PhD in Computer Science is possible to do from IGNOU or not?
  18. Am I eligible to do masters in Urban Planning after completion of B.Tech Computer Science engineering?
8th November 2016, 09:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to do Ph.D after the completion of Post Graduate Diploma course.
Since you have not completed your Masters degree, you cannot do Ph.D course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course.
9th November 2016, 06:16 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, Is it possible for me to pursue PHD after completing PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU. What are eligibility criteria and please let know how to apply for PHD degree if Yes..?? Please let know I will be grateful to you. Thanks.

Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD after PG Diploma in Urban Planning from IGNOU. For pursuing PhD you should be a Post Graduate in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university. So you should study the post graduation in the same subject to pursue PhD. The admission to the PhD will be done on the basis of an entrance test and interview. The PhD programs are available in various universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?