9th November 2016, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Can my brother-in-law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

My brother-in-law is the guardian of my house and I have no father and mother. Now, I want to study BCA with an Education Loan. In this case my brother-in-law can become my guarantor?

Related Questions:
  1. Can my brother-in-law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  3. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan?
  4. Can my Brother-in-Law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  5. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  6. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  7. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  8. Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  9. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  10. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  11. Is my friend eligible to become a guarantor for my brother's Education Loan?
  12. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  13. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  14. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  15. Can I apply for Education Loan for my brotherÂ’s education if having no IT file and Mortgage?
  16. How to get an education loan to study M.Tech in ECE from State Bank of Mysore? -- [New]
  17. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  18. Can I apply for an Education Loan without any property mortgage for brother's Abroad studies?
10th November 2016, 11:25 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can my brother-in-law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

You will need a guarantor only if your loan amount is more than 4 lacs. Your brother in law can be your guarantor for education loan but he should have some property or fixed deposits etc for being a guarantor. If he has all the needed documents then you can make him your guarantor. Thanks
11th November 2016, 09:01 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can my brother-in-law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

Yes, your brother-in-law can become the guarantor of your education loan which you can opt to meet the expense of your BCA course. However, your brother-in-law should have stable source of income in order to be eligible for guarantor of the education loan. If he does not have a stable source of income, then he cannot become guarantor of your education loan.
11th November 2016, 01:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If he is willing to become a guarantor, then surely he can. Just make sure that he is earning a good salary. Bank will ensure that he is fit to become a guarantor or not.

Therefore, no need to worry about anything. Just make sure that you fulfill all the documents requirement.
11th November 2016, 03:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your brother-in-law can become gurantor to apply for an education loan. If you don't have parents then, your guardian can be the guarantor for your education loan. You need to submit his salary slips/ IT Returns to apply for an education loan in bank. To be eligible to apply for an education loan, you should have secured admission in BCA course in a recognised college/ university.
11th November 2016, 10:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

First of see the classification of education loan based on amount of loan to be sanctioned:

1. Upto 4 lakh rupees of education loan: No guarantor and no mortgage required.

2. From 4 lacs to 7.5 lacs rupees: Guarantor is needed.

3. For education loan above 7.5 lacs: Mortgage of property is required.

Your brother in law can become guarantor if he has good bank credit record. Since, he is guardian of your house, he will have to give an undertaking for that. There will be no problem in sanction of loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?