27th November 2016, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CSIR JRF exam while studying in final year of MBBS? Age criteria for OBC category and minimum percentage required for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in final year of MBBS from a government college and want to apply for CSIR JRF exam. Am I eligible for it? Age criteria for OBC category and minimum percentage required to eligible for CSIR JRF exam?

29th November 2016, 08:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CSIR JRF exam while studying in final year of MBBS? Age criteria for OBC category and minimum percentage required for it?

You need to make sure that you will get 60% marks in MBBS to become eligible for CSIR JRF. Being a final year candidate you need to get a reference letter from your college head before applying for the exam. The format of letter can be obtained from the CSIR notification.

The upper age limit for general category is 28 years. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to OBC, PWD and SC/ST. For OBC, 3 years relaxation is available.
29th November 2016, 11:11 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CSIR JRF exam while studying in final year of MBBS? Age criteria for OBC category and minimum percentage required for it?

Yes, as you are pursuing final year MBBS, so you are eligible to apply for CSIR JRF examination. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for this examination:

> You should have completed post graduation in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

> Final year candidates can also apply.

> Your age should not exceed 28 years.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

As you want to apply for CSIR JRF and you belong to OBC category, so for you the age relaxation will be 3 years that is you can apply till the age of 31 years. And for lectureship there is no age limit.
30th November 2016, 12:27 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible at this moment for CSIR JRF examination on the basis of MBBS course as you have completed your Masters degree course.
You must complete your MD or MS course in order to be eligible for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the CSIR examination.
There is no age criteria for the above mentioned examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?