12th December 2016, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become a District Magistrate so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same? How can I prepare for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

14th December 2016, 03:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

As you have mentioned above that you want to become a District Magistrate, so for that you have to complete 12th standard then you have to complete your graduation. There is no specific stream required in 11th standard to become a District Magistrate. But, you have to complete graduation (B.A/B.Com/BSc) in any of the following subjects from a recognized college/university:

> Botany.

> Zoology.

> Geology.

> Chemistry.

> Mathematics.

> Physics.

> Statistics.

> Forestry.

> Agriculture.

> Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years and age relaxation in applicable for reserved category candidates. With the above criteria you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC every year. To prepare for this examination you can consult your seniors or teachers and refer to different guide books, you can solve the previous years papers and also you can join a coaching institute where you will get proper guidance.
14th December 2016, 07:08 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?

With 10th or 12th qualification you are not eligible for recruitment as District Magistrate.

For recruitment candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

So, you can pursue any stream in 11th or bachelor degree.

To qualify in examination you need to go through syllabus of examination as prescribed by UPSC with a better strategy and determination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 08:01 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

To be a District Magistrate you will have to appear and qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

a) You must be an Indian citizen.

b) Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

c) You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So you can opt for any stream of your interest and your strength for pursuing your higher secondary school degree and further studies. But one thing I would like to suggest you that choose that subjects by thinking about your optional subject for Civil Services Mains examination which will be helpful later.

Further details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2016, 10:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for different services like IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc. Candidates who join Indian Administrative Services after certain years of experience in service become District Magistrate.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services:

The minimum age limit is 21 years and minimum academic qualification required for this exam is Bachelor's degree. You are studying in tenth at present, so a long way to go for this exam. You can select any stream in 10+2 and at bachelor's degree as per interest. Candidates from all discipline are eligible for this exam.

You should focus on social science books from standard 6th to 12th and understand with clarity as these books are base for this exam. Make a habit of reading daily newspaper. Join any good coaching institute per your convenience if you can not do preparation through self study.
17th September 2018, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I am a 11th class student.My subjects are Bengali, English, History, Political Science, Geography.can I be a DM after HS examination?
19th December 2020, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a district magistrate being a arts student?
21st May 2021, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Which subject we choose in class 11 for being DM?
24th June 2023, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

11 class me kon sa subject li dm bane ke0liya
29th June 2023, 08:13 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

To become a district magistrate, you need to pursue education and a career in the field of civil services or administration. In India, the most common educational path is to choose the Humanities stream (also known as Arts or Social Sciences) in class 11th and 12th. However, it's important to note that the specific stream you choose in class 11th alone does not determine your eligibility for the position of district magistrate.

To become a district magistrate in India, you need to qualify for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam include:

1. Nationality: You must be a citizen of India.
2. Age: You must be between 21 and 32 years (age relaxation applicable for certain categories).
3. Educational Qualification: You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
4. Number of Attempts: The number of attempts allowed varies based on the candidate's category.

Apart from meeting the eligibility criteria, clearing the rigorous three-stage selection process of the IAS exam (Preliminary exam, Main exam, and Interview) is essential. Upon successful completion, candidates are then allocated to various administrative positions, including the role of a district magistrate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?