23rd December 2016, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Can a PCB student appear in NDA exam? Eligibility criteria and pattern of exam for it?

Hello sir, I am studying in 11th standard with PCB group and want to appear in NDA exam. Can I appear in this exam? Eligibility criteria and pattern of exam for it?

24th December 2016, 11:05 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a PCB student appear in NDA exam? Eligibility criteria and pattern of exam for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 11th standard with PCB group and want to appear in NDA exam. Can I appear in this exam? Eligibility criteria and pattern of exam for it?
11th standard candidates cannot appear for NDA Exam.

However, 10+2 appearing and passed candidates are eligible to appear for NDA Exam.

After passing 11th standard, you can appear for NDA exam as an appearing candidate.

PCB candidates are also eligible to apply for NDA Exam.

However, you can apply for only Army wing of NDA.

Online applications will be available on this site: http://upsconline.nic.in
24th December 2016, 02:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a PCB student appear in NDA exam? Eligibility criteria and pattern of exam for it?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join the same you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC.

* NDA entrance examination is held twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

* The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in NDA are as here under :-

a) You must have be an Indian citizen.

b) Your age must lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

c) You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board. Final year students are also eligible.

d) You must satisfy the basic physical fitness norms as specified at the time of notification of the same examination.

So being a Class 11th student with PCB group you are eligible for the same examination on the educational requirement ground.

Further as far as you are concerned about the pattern of examination the written examination includes two papers, first paper is the paper of Mathematics which includes question upto the higher secondary level where as second paper is the paper of General Ability Test which comprises of question from English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, Social Science and Current Affairs.

For further details regarding NDA examination you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in.
24th December 2016, 02:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

According to the minimum eligibility criteria a candidate who has completed 12th with PCB is not eligible to appear in NDA exam because only those who have completed their 12th with PCM are eligible for NDA exam.
The syllabus of the exam is same as that of your intermediates consisting of physics, chemistry, mathematics.
25th December 2016, 10:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
11th standard candidates are not eligible for NDA exam. But 12th standard candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

The written exam is of a total of 900 marks, where Mathematics paper contains 300 marks and General Ability Test consist of 600 marks.
24th August 2019, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

sir, i want to ask that, i am 12th PCB student and i don't have mathematics as my subject so what is the pattern of first exam of nda for me? Does i have to attempt the same paper of mathematics or a biology paper is there for me?? please give a satisfying answer....
21st March 2021, 01:19 AM
Unregistered

I not take math in 12th
20th May 2022, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

I'm a pcb student so if I qualify nda exam which post I'll get
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?