21st February 2017, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

List of good universities and admission procedure to apply for Ph.D in English Literature?

I want to pursue Ph.D in English Literature without going for M.Phil. I am a MA student. Please refer me some good universities and the admission procedures? Can you please give me the details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. List of good universities and admission procedure to apply for Ph.D in English Literature? -- [New]
  2. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam? List of universities for admission?
  3. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?
  4. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  5. Procedure to apply for Ph.D after completion of M.A in English Literature?
  6. List of universities offering PhD in English in India? Procedure to apply?
  7. List of good universities providing MA program in English literature? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
  9. List of universities in Uttar Pradesh to do Ph.D in English with admission procedure
  10. List of Open Universities which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Detailed information, course duration and fee structure?
  11. Universities offering PhD in English Literature with stipend
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Oxford University for B.A.(English) candidate?
  13. List of top 10 Indian Universities for pursuing masters in English literature?
  14. Top 5 universities in world for PhD in English Literature
  15. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  16. From which university can I do PhD in English Literature in Delhi to a candidate having completed M.A. about 7 years ago?
  17. Procedure to study PhD in English Literature in SVNIT University for a Lecturer?
  18. Procedure to do PhD in UK for English Literature postgraduate?
22nd February 2017, 05:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: List of good universities and admission procedure to apply for Ph.D in English Literature?

List of universities in India offering PhD in English literature;

Holy Cross College autonomous, Tamil Nadu

Nirmala college for women in Tamilnadu

Guru Nanak Girls PG College, Rajasthan

Guwahati University, Assam

English and Foreign languages university, Andhra pradesh

The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue PhD in English literature is that you must have completed your masters degree in the same subject from a recognised universities minimum 55% marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to SC and ST students and you have to appear in the NET exam.
22nd February 2017, 05:27 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: List of good universities and admission procedure to apply for Ph.D in English Literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to pursue Ph.D in English Literature without going for M.Phil. I am a MA student. Please refer me some good universities and the admission procedures? Can you please give me the details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the response.

The basic eligibility to pursue PhD in English Literature will be a pass in M.A. English with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of entrance test and interview conducted by the university English department. Those who have qualified NET/SET/GATE are exempted from the entrance examination and should appear for interview directly. The above given is the common admission procedure for PhD in English Literature.

The list of universities offering the PhD in English Literature is given below;

Pondicherry University - Website Link

University of Madras - Website Link

University of Mumbai - Website Link

Amity Institute of English Studies and Research - Website Link

Institute of Advanced Studies in English - Website Link

Amrita School of Arts & Sciences - Website Link

Jaipur National University - Website Link

University of Hyderabad - Website Link
22nd February 2017, 06:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

List of good Universities to do Ph.D in English Literature:-

University Of California- Berkeley

Harvard University

Stanford university

Columbia University

Cornell University

Duke University

Admission procedure to apply for PhD in English literature:-

In order to get admission in PhD, you will first of all have to appear for NET examination which is the Gateway of get admission in the course. After scoring well in your entrance examination, you will be eligible to avail admission in any recognised University to opt for your PhD degree.

You should however have scored a minimum of 55% In aggregate from a recognised University. universities release notification in the month of September and October. However, this may vary from one Institute to another.
23rd February 2017, 10:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To do Ph.D, you should first qualify in the UGC NET examination.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination. So, after the completion of MA, you must qualify in the NET examination in order to get admission in different Colleges to study the above mentioned course.

List of Universities offering Ph.D in English:-

Christ University
Address: Hosur Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029
Phone: 080 4012 9600

Department of English, University of Delhi
Address: South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Phone: 011 2700 6900

Department of English - Goa University
Address: Goa University, Taleigao Plateau, Goa 403206
Phone: 0832 651 9048

Central University Of Haryana
Address: Jant-Pali Villages, Mahendergarh District, Pali, Haryana 123029
Phone: 01285 249 401
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?