13th May 2017, 04:44 PM
padmagowda

Will there be any age problem at the time of ICSE 10th board exams if my son's age is 4.6 year?

My son's date of birth is 05/12/12. Now we have taken admission for UKG in ICSE and by this june his age will be 4.6 year old, is there any age problem for his 10th class.

13th May 2017, 08:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any age problem at the time of ICSE 10th board exams if my son's age is 4.6 year?

No, there will not be any age problem for your son to appear in ICSE 10th standard board examinations, if you have joined your son in UKG at the age of 4.6 years. The minimum age required to appear in ICSE 10th standard board examinations is 15 years. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, your son will attain the age of 15 6 months by completion of his 10th standard, so, he is eligible to appear in ICSE 10th standard board examinations without any problem.
13th May 2017, 10:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any age problem at the time of ICSE 10th board exams if my son's age is 4.6 year?

No, there will be no problem. In ICSE board, to appear for board examination of 10th, student must have studied upto ninth standard and registered for board exam. Second criteria is that he should be at least 14 years.

Your son while appear for board exam will be over 14 years and hence there will be no problem.
14th May 2017, 12:33 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Age required for admission in 10th from ICSE board is in between 14 to 16 years. As per your son's date of birth he will be 15 years old at the time of 10th. So there will not be any problem with his age. Thanks
14th May 2017, 01:56 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no official limitation on minimum age limit to appear for 10th board examination by ICSE or CBSE.

The minimum age limit is declared by Directorates of State Education. So, kindly visit the concerned office or to school to get information about age limit criteria.
14th May 2017, 08:35 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

ICSE refers to Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination and same is one of the three Central board of education in Indian which offers education upto higher secondary school level in English medium with its school all around India.

As far as you are concerned about age criteria for appearing in ICSE Class 10th board examination then I would like to let you know that ICSE does not have its own age criteria for appearing in Class 10th board examination rather it follows the age criteria as decided by the concerned directorate of education of the concerned state in which the school lies.

Further as you have mentioned that your son is around 4 and a half years old now and is reading in UKG then there should not be any problem concerning to age at time of appearing in board examination as in most of the board of education case the age requirement is 14 years to 14.5 years which your son will certainly fulfill.
16th June 2017, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

My son dob is 5th april 2013 ,last year june my son joined in lkg ,is the right age to join in school,at the time of 10th his age is suitable can you tell me please
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?