28th September 2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for BCA after B.Sc biological science course?

Sir, Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 47% mark in 12th? My stream is science with mathematics and now I'm studying BSc biological science with math. Please tell me as early as possible. It will be helpful if you can answer me back soon. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering MS in Biological Science in Abroad? -- [New]
  2. How to apply for M.Sc in Forensic Science or Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biological Science? What syllabus should I prepare for the Entrance Exam?
  3. Can I apply for BCA after B.Sc biological science course?
  4. Along with BCA which other course would be helpful to do?
  5. Can you please provide me the details about all the subjects of biology field which are possible to take?
  6. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which colleges are offering integrated Ph.D in Biological Science? What kind of preparation is required?
  8. Which is more better, BSc Life Science or BSc(H) biological science from SVC?
  9. Can I get lateral entry in any government polytechnic college in Chattisgarh after doing BSc in Biological science?
  10. Which course is more preferable, either Chemical or Biological science? I'm in B.Sc 2nd year in Sahyadri science college
  11. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  12. Can i join Biological Science in Post Graduation after B.Tech in IT?
  13. What shall I do after completion of 12th Class?
  14. Best career options available for me to do BSc IT or BCA? Future opportunities after completion of the course?
  15. IIT JAM 2016 reference books for Biological Science
  16. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  17. Which branch is the best for MPC students in degree college?
  18. University of Kashmir - Faculty of Biological Science -M.Sc in Biochemistry Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
29th September 2017, 08:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for BCA after B.Sc biological science course?

BCA stands for Bachelor in Computer Application and it is three year vocational course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course varies with universities. Although admission is conducted after qualifying in entrance examination. The required eligibility to appear is candidate must have passed 12th.

The discipline and aggregate varies for some institute. Candidates with science stream ( mathematics ) are eligible to get admission in all the institutes.

Some of the university offering in the course is :- Delhi university, Lucknow university and Madurai university.
29th September 2017, 09:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Only those students are eligible to apply for BCA after completion of 12th standard who have completed 12th standard with mathematics as a compulsory subject. Medical students are not eligible to apply for this course. Admission is made to the scores on the basis of 12th standard marks as well as many institutes conduct their own entrance exam.
29th September 2017, 09:58 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

One who is interested to pursue BCA course must have completed 12th standard with mathematics as a compulsory subject in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks. As you have completed your 12th standard with the medical science so you are not eligible for this course.
29th September 2017, 10:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

After studying Biological Science student can study BCA.

Yes you are you are eligible for BCA course after completing 12 science stream.

To apply for BCA course you should complete 12th standard or equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised board.

You should score minimum 55% off marks in 12th board examination.

But score top college may require minimum 60% off marks.

You should having English in a main subject in 12th standard.
29th September 2017, 11:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

BCA ( Bachelor in Computer Application ) and among the course in demand for candidates interested in computer courses.

The eligibility to get admission in course is candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

For admission in some of the institute it is mandatory to have Mathematics and English as main paper with minimum 50% in board examination.
30th September 2017, 05:11 PM
sapphire1

BCA is a good course and it has good scope. BCA stands for bachelor in computer application. This is 3 years course.

Eligibility criteria for BCA:

Candidates those have 12th with mathematics as the main subject can apply for BCA.
12th should be from a recognized board.
Candidates need minimum 50% marks in 12th class.

as you have not maths as the main subject then you are not able to apply for BCA. You can apply for BBA course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?