14th January 2018, 04:38 PM
H.Shabana Yasmin

What IAS is all about and how to apply for it?

I don't have any idea to start IAS. What should I do first? I had just completed my Undergraduate in Mathematics in May, 2017. I am in home for an year. Please, give details like eligibility criteria, entrance exam patter and syllabus, steps in applying for the form and by which dates and name of guide books to prepare for exams.

20th January 2018, 07:42 PM
Ramabai L

Default Re: What IAS is all about and how to apply for it?

To become an Indian Administrative Service(IAS).

-> Candidate should complete their degree in an approved University, are eligible to write CSAT.

-> Candidate wants to apply for the Civil Service Aptitude Test conducted by UPSC.

-> Wants to qualify CSAT, who passed in the first level is eligible to write the Main exam

-> In the Main exam also the same only qualified candidates are allowed to next level.

-> The Final one is Interview.

Required skills

-> Good Leadership.
-> Administrative skill.
-> Quick decision making.
-> Good at solving Law and order issues.
-> Good Interpersonal & Communication skill.

-> Required age 21 to 30 for General category, for OBC 35, for SC/ST 37 to the candidates.

Last edited by Ramabai L; 30th January 2018 at 05:04 AM. Reason: i have to follow the guidelines
26th January 2018, 03:46 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: What IAS is all about and how to apply for it?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and the exam to recruit the candidates for IAS is conducted by UPSC every year.
And the candidates who got selected in this exam will be posted as group-1 officers in government offices like district collector, DSP etc.
The minimum educational qualification required to apply for this exam is Bachelor degree in any stream from UGC approved college or university and final year pursuing students are also eligible to apply for this exam.
Age limit to apply for this exam is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are :
-> 3 years for OBC candidates
-> 5 years for SC, ST candidates
-> 10 years for Orthopedically challenged candidates.
And maximum number of attempts allowed for this exam are :
-> 6 times for General category
-> 9 times for OBC category and
-> No limit for SC and ST category candidates.
And the selection process of this exam is :
-> Preliminary exam : Objective type and it is only of qualifying nature and is conducted in 2 papers.
-> Main exam : It is descriptive type exam and is conducted in 9 papers.
-> Personal Interview : It will be conducted to the candidates who got shortlisted in main examination.
For further information please visit www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?