24th January 2018, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

What is the eyesight requirement for getting Commercial Pilot License (CPL)?

I have power of -2 and -1.5 D in right and left eye respectively. Am I eligible for Commercial Pilot License (CPL)? What is the correct eye sight requirement? If I'm not eligible than what if I get it correct by surgery?

17th February 2018, 01:28 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eyesight requirement for getting Commercial Pilot License (CPL)?

No, you are not eligible to get Commercial Pilot License(CPL) as you do not satisfy the below mentioned eyesight requirement.
>>Eyesight requirement: Candidates should have 6/6 eyesight in both eyes to get the CPL.

*** CPL authority allows pilots who have undergone LASIK surgery to fly but they need to be cleared by AFCME or IAM.
17th February 2018, 06:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eyesight requirement for getting Commercial Pilot License (CPL)?

If you have 6/6 vision with using glasses or without using glasses, then you are eligible for acquiring Commercial Pilot License.

But in case, if you are applying to defence field (say Indian Air Force), then you must have 6/6 correct vision without using glasses. Then only, you will get recruitment in Indian Air Force.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?