25th February 2018, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for ITI holder?

Sir/Madam, I am an ITI holder. I have completed my ITI in Civil Draughtsman. Now, I really want to study in Diploma course. I want to study Civil in Diploma. I would like to know if I am eligible or not?

Related Questions:
5th March 2018, 11:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for ITI holder?

Yes, you are eligible to study Diploma in Civil Engineering course after completion of your two years ITI in Civil Draughtsman. Candidates who have passed 12th standard in Vocational stream or two years ITI course from a recognised institute are eligible to take direct admission in second year of three years Diploma course. You have to appear in entrance examinations like VOCLET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state technical board of education for getting lateral entry admission in Diploma in Civil Engineering course.
5th March 2018, 11:29 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for ITI holder?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for the Diploma course in Civil Engineering after the completion of your ITI course in Draughtsman.
Candidates those who have completed their Class 10th or class 12th or 2 years ITI course can definitely apply for Diploma course in Civil Engineering.
6th March 2018, 10:43 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completing ITI in Civil Draughtsman, you are eligible to get admission for diploma in civil engineering course. You should have completed your ITI with good marks from a recognized institute. With this eligibility, you can get admission direct in the 2nd year of the course through lateral entry. You can appear for the lateral entry examination and qualify to get admission in the 2nd year of diploma in civil engineering course.
6th March 2018, 02:28 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Civil Engineering Diploma course for an ITI holder:

As far as my very best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to pursue this Diploma in Civil Engineering course. I suggest you to go through the below mentioned instructions carefully.

>> The basic educational qualification required to pursue Diploma in Civil Engineering course is "10th Class" from a recognized university.

>> After 10th Class - Pursue 3 year Diploma course
After ITI course - Pursue 2 year Diploma course (through lateral entry)

>> As you are done with ITI in Civil Draughtsman, you may directly join 2nd year of Diploma in Civil Engineering course. If you are then interested, you may pursue Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering course after successful completion of Diploma course.

>> As per the statements that are mentioned by you, I have cleared that you are certainly eligible to pursue this Diploma course and you may join 2nd year of Diploma course directly and you are required to appear in Diploma Entrance Examination in order to be eligible.
6th March 2018, 04:43 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam, I am an ITI holder. I have completed my ITI in Civil Draughtsman. Now, I really want to study in Diploma course. I want to study Civil in Diploma. I would like to know if I am eligible or not?

Those students who have passed 10 + ITI or 10+2 with PCM subjects with at least 35% marks are eligible to apply for the Diploma in Civil Engineering. Selected students are admitted to the second year of the diploma course through lateral entry mode. Duration of the course is two years. Students are admitted to the course through an entrance examination in some colleges. Diploma in Civil Engineering lateral entry mode is available in the following polytechnic colleges:

LPU - Official Website

BFIT - Official Website

Career Point University - Official Website

Murugappa Polytechnic College - Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?