23rd April 2018, 08:34 PM
Imran Ali syed

After B.Sc in Microbiology which course is best at Post Graduate level and which are the entrance exams for it?

Currently, I'm pursuing B.Sc in Microbiology. After this which course should I do for my Post Graduation? And, what are the entrance exams which I need to write for those courses? Also, let me know the names of books I need to refer for preparation of those entrance exams.

31st January 2019, 05:17 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After B.Sc in Microbiology which course is best at Post Graduate level and which are the entrance exams for it?

It is good that you are pursuing B.Sc Microbiology and want to go for M.Sc course in Post Graduation.

M.Sc stands for Master of Science. It is a 2 year Post Graduation level course divided into 4 semesters. This course is being offered by number of colleges in India.

After completion of B.Sc Microbiology, you can opt for any of the following courses :
M.Sc in Microbiology
M.Sc in Biotechnology
M.Sc in Biochemistry
M.Sc in Genetics

If you are interested in M.Sc Microbiology, you can opt for the same.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Each and every University will conduct its own Entrance Exam in order to give admission for this course.

The syllabus and exam pattern of the Exam may not be same for all Universities. If you have mentioned the specific University for which you want to apply for the Entrance Exam, I would have suggested best books.

However, you can refer any of the following books :
Food Microbiology by Bibek Das
Medical Microbiology by David Greenwood
Prescott's Microbiology

You should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation in order to be eligible to appear for the Entrance Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?