2nd May 2018, 09:19 AM
vs591

Steps to become an IG of Police for 12th Arts student?

Hello Sir, I am studying in 12th with Arts stream from Bihar Board. I want to become an IG of Police. So, can you please tell me the steps through which I can achieve my aim? Please help me to know the steps. Thank you!

27th May 2018, 02:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IG of Police for 12th Arts student?

There is no entrance examination for direct recruitment as an Inspector General of Police.

One can become IG in Police department after several promotion. You have to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC and qualify in it for the final selection.

Candidates qualifying in examination will become eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S Officer on the basis of rank.

The eligibility to register for examination is that :

Candidate must have passed or in the final year of bachelor degree.

The age limit is 21-32 years, relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages. So, you have to pursue bachelor degree and qualify for the examination for final stages.

For more details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th May 2018, 10:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IG stands for Inspector General of Police. Candidates will be selected as an IG after various promotion.

To become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service Examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to pursue and complete bachelor degree to appear in entrance examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment as an I.P.S.

For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th May 2018, 03:52 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

The first step is you need to complete your 12th class education.
The next step is you need to study any graduation level degree in any stream from any recognized university.

After completing graduation level degree then you need to apply for the entrance exam conducted by UPSC for IPS officer.
You need to clear the exam in merit & qualify in the physical test so that you'll be appointed as IPS officer.
After getting experience for 10 - 14 years you can become IG of police.

For more detailed information about eligibility requirements & notifications visit the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?