28th May 2018, 01:43 AM
Shivesh yadav

Can I become an IAS Officer with 60% in 12th Science?

Hello Sir, I have scored only 60% marks in Science stream of 12th standard. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I would like to know that with this percentage I can become an IAS Officer or not? Please help me to know about this asap.

30th May 2018, 08:42 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer with 60% in 12th Science?

Yes, you can become an IAS officer even if you have secured 60% marks in your 12th standard. To become an IAS officer, you have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to apply for IAS examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
30th May 2018, 11:37 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an IAS officer ( Indian Administrative Officer ) you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for becoming an IAS officer is a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks and stream of academics does not matters at any stage of academics for appearing in Civil Services examination to become an IAS officer.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 60% marks, you are certainly eligible for becoming an IAS officer once you complete your bachelor degree and qualify Civil Services examination by satisfying its other eligibility criteria too apart from the educational requirement.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2018, 02:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of bachelor degree.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

There is no minimum required aggregate to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination after bachelor degree. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th May 2018, 08:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

IAS comes under Civil Services of India. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

2. Age criteria for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

Your percentage of marks in 10th and 12th do not matter for Civil Services exam. You can apply for exam with 60% marks in 12th.
31st May 2018, 12:02 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and it is one of the most prestigious service in India. To be an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The required qualification to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

So, now you are not eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

There is no minimum required aggregate or limitation on bachelor degree discipline to appear for examination.

For more information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2018, 01:32 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

2. The minimum age of candidate should be 21 years.

3. Candidate should be citizen of India.

4. The age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate depending upon their categories.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to become an IAS Officer with 60% in 12th Science so you have to first complete bachelor degree then you can become IAS officer.
31st May 2018, 11:19 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about your possibility of becoming IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer having completed your Class 12th with 60% marks then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for becoming an IAS officer if you satisfy the basic requirements for the same mentioned below as marks and stream of class 12th academics does not matters for IAS officer eligibility.

--> The basic requirements for becoming an IAS officer, the basic qualifications required are as here under :-

i) You must hold the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

Also, to be an IAS officer you will have to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year and for details regarding same examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2018, 01:36 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This is one of the popular civil service in India.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to make entry into IAS is Graduation.

Candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to appear for the civil services exam in addition to candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation course.

The percentage of marks that you scored in your 10+2 with Science stream will not be taken into consideration.

Hence I would suggest you to opt for Graduation with the stream as per your interest and make most out of it by gaining strong subject knowledge.

Have preparation for Civil Services Exam from the very beginning of your Graduation from a Coaching Institute so that it would be easy for you to crack the Exam in your final year of Graduation.

Complete selection process for civil services is as follows :
Civil Services Preliminary Exam (CSAT)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

Most of the candidates would prefer IAS. Hence you should score top marks to be placed in IAS. Otherwise you might be given other civil services like IPS or IFS.

Here is the age criteria for Civil Services Exam.
Candidates of General category can take this exam upto 32 years. Relaxation is there in age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.
31st May 2018, 02:45 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Percentage in 12th board examination or bachelor degree does not matter anymore to appear in Civil Service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination for final selection as an I.A.S Officer.

The minimum required qualification is bachelor degree from a recognised university. So, you will be eligible to appear for examination after bachelor degree.

Final year candidates can also apply for examination. For syllabus and other query about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2018, 03:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that for becoming an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every years.

--> The minimum and basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian candidate.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you are a general category candidates. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, having completed your Class 12th with 60% marks, for becoming an IAS officer you first need to complete your bachelor degree course and then you need to qualify Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st May 2018, 04:03 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

A civil service aspirant can become Indian Administrative Services officer after clearing written, main and personality test of Civil Services exam. The rank must be among top 100 for general students.

1. There is no percentage requirement for this exam either at 12th level or bachelor's degree level.

2. Graduates in any stream with passing percentage of marks can apply for IAS exam.

You are eligible to become IAS officer with 60% marks in 12th science.
31st May 2018, 07:47 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to become an IAS Officer:

In order to be eligible for becoming an IAS Officer, you are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. Here is the detailed information,

<> Generally, marks in 12th class are not considered for becoming IAS Officer. As Graduation in any discipline is required, I suggest you to first complete Graduation with good score so that you can apply for IAS Officer Recruitment.

<> The minimum qualification required is "Graduation" in any discipline from a recognized university.

<> Candidates who are doing final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply for this CSAT Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

<> The minimum age required is 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years and of course there is an age relaxation applicable for reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?