22nd October 2018, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Integrated PhD in Mathematics if pursuing BSc(Mathematics) 2nd year?

Hello, I am studying BSc in Mathematics. I am studying in 2nd year from Hyderabad University. In future I want to do PhD in same Mathematics. So, I have to do MSc? Is it must? Or is there chance for my to do both means integrated PhD course? I would like to know the colleges for Integrated PhD course in Delhi University?

26th October 2018, 11:11 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Can I study Integrated PhD in Mathematics if pursuing BSc(Mathematics) 2nd year?

Yes, you can study Integrated PhD after you B.Sc. You can apply directly to the university or have to appear for JAM. The rankings in JAM is needed during admission.
During Integrated PhD, you will study M.Sc and will can do a PhD without separately appearing for a PhD entrance exam.
In Delhi, you can opt for Delhi University or IIT, Delhi. These two provide integrated PhD course.
26th October 2018, 07:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Integrated PhD in Mathematics if pursuing BSc(Mathematics) 2nd year?

No, you can not apply for Ph.D admission based on your B.Sc degree. The minimum qualification required for Ph.D admission in any field is a PG degree in relevant field.

Just make sure you have got education till M.Sc level with at least 55% marks, before applying for Ph.D admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?