22nd October 2018, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Botany if completed MSc in Zoology? Procedure to get admission?

Respected Sir, I have completed my BSc and MSc in Zoology. I am teaching Biology in Private High School. I had Botany and Zoology in my Graduation and Post Graduation. So, I can do PhD in Botany subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?

26th October 2018, 11:52 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Botany if completed MSc in Zoology? Procedure to get admission?

Yes, you can. Since both Botany and Zoology falls under the broad caterogy of Life Sciences, you can to appear for the CSIR-NET test and with the rank and score you will be able to get an admission in a PhD course in a University.
The eligibility for CSIR-NET exam is 55% in aggregate in your post-graduate and a valid degree from a recognized university.

During interview, you need to give your preference for the subject and state the reason for choosing this one.
26th October 2018, 07:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Botany if completed MSc in Zoology? Procedure to get admission?

No, you can't pursue Ph.D in a subject, which isn't your field of study at PG level. They are different subjects. You can opt only for research in the same field.

For Ph.D in botany, you need to have a post graduation degree in the same subject with at least 55% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?