28th June 2011, 02:16 AM
PRATEEK SONI

Which course to prefer between BSc Computer Science(H) and B.Tech Computer Science?

sir,
which course i should prefer bsc computer sc.(h) or btech in comp sc?
do reply..

Related Questions:
29th June 2011, 09:47 AM
kartavya99

Default Re: Which course to prefer between BSc Computer Science(H) and B.Tech Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRATEEK SONI View Post
sir,
do reply..
b.tech is professional degree but bsc is not.
10th July 2011, 05:59 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to prefer between BSc Computer Science(H) and B.Tech Computer Science?

After passing 12th, you can take both.

If you have maths or computer in 12th and passed 12th with minimum 60% marks, then you take admission in B.sc (CS) in most of the colleges.

To take admission in B.tech (CSE), you have to sit for entrance exam like AIEEE, IIT-JEE, WBJEE or any state level exams.

After then you can take B.tech....only your 12th mark is not enough to get admission there.

After B.sc most students do not get a good job, so they have to do M.sc or MCA to get equivalent to B.tech.

But after B.tech, you will get jobs in companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, CTS, IBM, Tech Mahindra, HCL etc.

B.tech is a professional degree...it is a 4 years course where as B.sc is a 3 years course.

An M.sc or MCA is equivalent to B.tech.
12th July 2011, 07:47 PM
deepraj535

hello friend ,
You should definately go for btech in computer science because you are exposed to a greater number of job opportunities as compared to B.sc in cse.
28th July 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Is Bsc computer science is a professional degree?
2nd August 2011, 01:05 PM
umesh_best22
Junior Member+

If you got good college.there is a good on campus placement in the college. Than you should prefer B.tech computer science. Otherwise you should do B.Sc in computer science.

Best of luck
22nd August 2011, 08:40 PM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
sir,
do reply..
You have two options.
After the 12th exams if u got 60% then you can get admission easily in b.sc. college. There is no requirment for an entrance paper.
If u want to do b.tech. then you should give an entrance paper like AIEEE,IIT and state lavel engineering test.
After passed the bsc there is not good scope as an engineer.
If u do engineering then you can get job easily in big IT sector companies like SATYAM,TCS,MAHENDRA and HCL.
So enginnering is the right option for you.
The engineering degree is a four year degree and the bsc degree is 3 year degree.

Its depend on you and based on your interest.

All the best.
6th September 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

what is the difference between BScCSIT and IT?

after completing BScCSIT what kind of work do student get?
7th September 2011, 02:03 PM
saugata2008

Both are bachelor degree and both are good .
But according to me B.tech is better because if you are interested in M.Tech ,you can give the Gate exam directly after B.tech or if you are interested to do some some jobs after graduation B.tech can give you more opportunities in the privet and also in the Govt.sectors .

Name of some Govt. and Privet companies who recruits CSE B.tech-

TCS
CTS
BHEL
ECIL
EIL
IBM
Wipro
SAIL
Railway
Indian Army

So I think B.tech in computer science is a better choice .

Thank you
7th September 2011, 03:25 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

It depends.
In case of B.Tech you have to qualify exams like AIEEE, IIT-JEE or other state level exams. Not only this, you should have a decent percentage in your Class 12 exam so that you can apply for as many companies as possible.
If you want to establish yourself in teaching profession then you may go for B.Sc Hons. in Computer Science. It is a 3 year degree course. Although many companies are now hiring fresh graduates as the present market condition is quite good.
7th September 2011, 09:12 PM
amit kumar rithala

b.tech computer science
7th September 2011, 11:49 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are confused about your future study.. you have interest in computer science field , then you should go for B.tech course..

Because B.tech course has more future prospect than B.Sc course..
After completion of B.Tech you can get a very good job in a leading software company..
Also you will get an opportunity to go for M.tech after completion of B.tech course..
But if you do B.Sc course then to go for M.tech you have to first complete your M.Sc course..
So, according to me B.tech is the best option..
Go for it.
All the best.
8th September 2011, 01:08 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

dear sir,
Bsc computer science is a professional degree?
8th September 2011, 01:11 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

dear sir,
B.tech is professional degree but bsc is not.
8th September 2011, 01:20 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are confused about your future study.. you have interest in computer science field , then you should go for B.tech course..

Because B.tech course has more future prospect than B.Sc course..
After completion of B.Tech you can get a very good job in a leading software company..
Also you will get an opportunity to go for M.tech after completion of B.tech course..
But if you do B.Sc course then to go for M.tech you have to first complete your M.Sc course..
So, according to me B.tech is the best option..
Go for it.
All the best.
4th November 2011, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

after bscs hons msc computer science is how many year
17th March 2012, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

b.sc comp sci (H) from a good college of delhi university or b.tech from an o.k private engg college like ims, a.k garg noida ? Which one is better ?
31st July 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Which course is better, B.sc CA or B.sc CS?
31st July 2012, 08:59 PM
rch91

Quote:
sir,
do reply..
With a degree of B.Sc in Computer Science one have many opportunities in the field like Teaching and Education, Civil services; although one cannot be a part of the engineering field but then you can opt for Hardware / Networking jobs or other IT domains as well like Data base Administrator etc.
Further, a Btech degree is an engineering program which can be pursued only after completing a similar degree at graduate level.
For sure Btech in computer science is better than Bsc and you should prefer it as it is a professional course and companies prefer Btech students over Bsc even if they both have their graduation degree.
So i think you should go with BTech Bachelor of technology.
15th March 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

which course is good b.tech and bsc for government jobs and which stream ?i m in 12 vd pcm.......my email id is [email protected]
3rd August 2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

which option will be financially better btech in a good private college or doing bsc in compu n then mca ?
4th July 2014, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

which is better Bsc computer science(h) from keshav mahavidyalaya (delhi university) or b.tech in cs from maharaja surajmal (ip university) ?
6th July 2014, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

which is better Bsc computer science(h) from Bhaskaracharya college of applied science (delhi university) or b.tech in cs from maharaja surajmal (ip university) ?
8th August 2014, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

i should like to join politics which course is better from b.sc and b.tech ?
and which branch is good for b.tech to join politics?
11th June 2015, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have interest in mathematics and Semiconductors (Electronics Branch In BTech). I Have secured 94% marks in CBSE Board. And I am Getting BTech in GGSIPU.. What should I Do? BTEch in IP or BSc in Mathematics Honours
AtLast I want to Become Successful by doing Job
18th April 2016, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to make my career in astronomical field means I want to work with space organization. Can I go there after doing btech in c.s. or I should do something else?
18th April 2016, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I want to make my career in astronomical field means I want to work at ISRO. Can I do it after doing btech in c.s. or I should do something else?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?