19th July 2019, 05:56 PM
Eshu khedkar

What is the eye sight requirement to be eligible to apply for UPSC and IPS examination?

My eyesight is 6/24 without glass and with glass it is 6/9 in both eyes and spectacle number is +3.0. Am I eligible to apply for the IPS examination? And what about the UPSC examination? Am I eligible for both?

23rd July 2019, 01:25 AM
Deepanshu3010

Default Re: What is the eye sight requirement to be eligible to apply for UPSC and IPS examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshu khedkar View Post
My eyesight is 6/24 without glass and with glass it is 6/9 in both eyes and spectacle number is +3.0. Am I eligible to apply for the IPS examination? And what about the UPSC examination? Am I eligible for both?
Eyesight for IPS is 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eyes.
6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.near vision for J1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye.
Thus, you are not eligible but you can apply for the UPSC examination, after clearing all stages i.e written and interview, medical stage is conducted and thus, one will get exempted after the medical examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?