4th April 2017, 07:49 PM
edutio

How should I start my preparation for IPS exam? Should I start preparing while pursuing my Graduation?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation now and I want to start preparing for IPS exam so I want to know how should I start my preparation for IPS exam? Should I start preparing while pursuing my Graduation? Please answer as soon as possible.

5th April 2017, 12:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start my preparation for IPS exam? Should I start preparing while pursuing my Graduation?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

The syllabus of IPS is similar to IAS.

Both the posts are filled by qualifying Civil Services Exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

You will have to qualify three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

You can start preparation for IPS exam in final year of your graduation. In fact, 1 year is more than enough to prepare for IPS Exam.

You have to concentrate on topics like:
  • General Studies including geography, politics, history, economics, science, etc.
  • Reasoning
  • Aptitude
  • English

for getting good marks in Civil services (Preliminary) exam and qualify it further.

While in main exam, you will have to choose your subjects accordingly.
5th April 2017, 09:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I start my preparation for IPS exam? Should I start preparing while pursuing my Graduation?

The syllabus of Civil Services examination for Indian Police Services is very vast and it takes 2-3 years to have good command over different subjects like History, Polity, Economics and Geography etc. You should start your preparation right from first year of bachelor's degree.

Step I: Read and make notes in your language of NCERT social science books and science from standard 6th to standard 12th.

Step II: You should then read standard books like:

Indian Polity by Laxmikant.

Geography G.C Leong.

Economics by Ramesh Singh.

History by Bipan Chandra etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?