2nd September 2019, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to opt in Intermediate to help me out preparing for IAS examination?

What should we choose in Intermediate Science, Commerce or Arts that would help us to prepare easily for IAS examination? And, what is the syllabus and exam pattern of IAS? Can you also share name of few books available on IAS so I may start preparing from now only.

7th September 2019, 01:07 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt in Intermediate to help me out preparing for IAS examination?

There is no such principle that candidates from a particular course or particular stream in 12th or bachelor degree qualify in the Civil Service examination easily.

In all the case, you will have to prepare for the examination as per the given syllabus of the examination and follow a proper strategy and plan.

The examination is conducted in three stages. To get syllabus for the examination you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.

If you want to start the preparation then it is better to go through NCERT books of Std VIth to std 12th and then go through other books. Reading Newspaper is mandatory for qualifying in the examination.
7th September 2019, 05:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt in Intermediate to help me out preparing for IAS examination?

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer. To appear in the examination bachelor degree in any discipline is the required discipline.

Candidates are also free to select optional paper for the Mains examination other than stream in bachelor degree also.

So, stream in std 12th or bachelor degree does not matter alot. It is the consistency, strategy and dedication which is required to qualify in the examination.

You can get syllabus for the examination at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?