4th January 2020, 11:01 AM

What is the upper age limit for the post of Assistant Professor in any Indian university?

I am 51 years old and doing government job on scale in state of Bihar. I have qualified NET in Education December, 2019. May I apply for Assistant Professor post in any Indian University? Secondly, am I eligible for government pension and also may I take pension and salary of Assistant Professor?

6th January 2020, 07:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the upper age limit for the post of Assistant Professor in any Indian university?

There is no upper age limit for recruitment as Assistant Professor. Candidates after qualifying in NET are eligible for final selection.

The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% aggregate. There is no upper age limit for recruitment as lecturer and further recruitment as Assistant Professor.
7th January 2020, 10:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the upper age limit for the post of Assistant Professor in any Indian university?

Upper age limit for assistant professor:

There is no upper age limit for applying for the post of assistant professor.
7th January 2020, 10:58 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

There is no upper age limit for the post of Assistant Professor hence , you can apply at the age of 51 years also.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?