16th July 2010, 09:54 PM
abhinavdeb

Should I go for marketing job in Biotechnology after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

i am abhinav deb. i have just completed my b.tech in biotehnology. now i want to go for job. but i am not able to find some industrial job. should i go for marketing jobs in biotechnolgy..???
i am confused ...??

Related Questions:
  1. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  2. Are there any government jobs available after completing B.Tech Biotechnology?
  3. What are the jobs in Biotechnology after completing MSc Biotechnology -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What are the job opportunities available in India after completing M.Sc Biotechnology?
  5. Which courses can I opt for after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology? Is MS associated with Biotechnology a good choice for me?
  6. How much is the salary after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  7. What are the software jobs I can take after completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  8. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Biotechnology for M.Sc in Biotechnology & Management postgraduate? Job opportunities after completing PhD in Biotechnology?
  9. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field?
  10. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  11. Which are the best biotechnology institutes in Uttar Pradesh and all over India? Is VIT Vellore good for Biotechnology? Should I choose B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Bioinformatics or B.Tech Biomedical Engineering?
  12. Procedure to study MSc Marine Biotechnology after completing BSc Biotechnology? What is the course fee and the job prospects?
  13. Should I apply for a job after completing B.Sc Biotechnology? Job prospects for B.Sc Biotechnology student?
  14. Can I study Biotechnology in IIT after completing BSc in Biotechnology
  15. Good companies for doing job after btech biotechnology?
  16. Syllabus for ICAR NET Biotechnology? What to do after completing MSc in Biotechnology?
  17. Should I go for BSc Biotechnology or B.Tech Biotechnology?
  18. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in Biotechnology after completing B.Sc (H) in Instrumentation? Which other courses can I pursue? -- [New]
5th April 2011, 08:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I go for marketing job in Biotechnology after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

You can go for the marketing jobs just for seeking work experience.As a Biotechnology Engineer you really have lot of other options to try out for.Since Bio Technology is one of the developing fields in India hence you fetch a god job with a bit of hard work.

A biotechnologist may find jobs in various quarters. In India students can mainly explore job options in the following fields:

1. Drug and pharmaceutical research
2. Public funded laboratories
3. Chemicals
4. Environment control
5. Waste management
6. Energy
7. Food processing &
8. Bio-processing industries

The government institutes and organisations, such as Department of Biotechnology (DBT), several agriculture,dairy and horticulture institutes offer employment to Biotechnology professionals.In private sector, there are tremendous job openings for biotechnologists that have their own R&D units.

Some of the premier companies that offer Biotechnology professionals with handsome pay-package are:

Dabur,Ranbaxy,Hindustan Lever,Dr Reddy's Labs,Thapar Group,Indo American Hybrid Seeds,Biocon India Ltd.,IDPL,Hindustan Antibiotics

Hence you can try out for all these companies mentioned above.You can go for marketing jobs just for a learning experience but it will be better that you go for your core stream jobs instead of marketing jobs.
5th April 2011, 08:37 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I go for marketing job in Biotechnology after completing B.Tech in Biotechnology?

If you wants advice then please no because in this job neither you can earn more and nor you save time.

You should try in pharmacy company or in any private biotech company.

In nov last to dec. first week biocon and panacea (both are very good biotech company) invites application for various posts.You can try there.
5th April 2011, 08:47 AM
gurpreetrodger

it will be good to go for marketing of biotech if u r getting a level post or likely to b. As u know biotech from deep u will not take any step that should not b taken
5th April 2011, 03:07 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

from your B.Tech degree you may got marketing job but i don't think that you will be successful if you go for marketing job. as you have studied biotechnology so you should go for in biotechnology field.

but if you are interested to do job in marketing field them i will suggest you first to study MBA in marketing. after completion of marketing join in marketing job. you will be more successful then.

otherwise if you want to do job in biotechnology field but as you are not getting job in biotechnology field that's is why you are ready to do any type of job then i will suggest you don't be hopeless. you should try more for job in bio technology field. surely you will find out good job in your expertise department. don't go for other job because of frustration. just look forward and make suitable for working in biotechnology field.

best of luck.
5th April 2011, 04:40 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

MARKETING is nowadays creating a buzz all over... this is good job and field to join... Marketing job depends on our personal skills of marketing... we should know the people's perceptions towards the sector, towards the product , and their influences to buy product or not.....
Marketing is the field in which it depends on your caliber... It depends on your ability to promote and sale the product..
If you are interested in marketing then definitely go for it..
5th April 2011, 08:37 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi,

Marketing is a good area for making carrier but because of frustration as you are not getting job related to your branch is not good.

There are job available related to your branch what you need to keep searching.

other than this if you want to go for marketing then its good to pursue MBA because it will help to in getting jobs at senior level and fast promotion.

Only thing i would like to suggest you don't get frustration, keep Patience definately you will get job related to you branch.

All the Best...
24th June 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

after completing btech in biotech should mtech is realy needfull or after btech can i get fixed job in reputed company
19th September 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

should i go for MBA in Health care after completing my Msc in biotechnology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?