8th August 2011, 06:18 PM
bg.salunke09

In which stream do I need to attend the GATE entrance exam? Can I attend it in computer science and engineering?

Hi,

Im graduate in B.E.( E & TC), and i want to do MTECH in computer science. So in which stream i need to attend GATE exam? Can i attend it in Computer Science Engg?

Thnaks In Advance.

8th August 2011, 07:38 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Default Re: In which stream do I need to attend the GATE entrance exam? Can I attend it in computer science and engineering?

hi,
yeah,you attend in computer science and engineering but its some eligibility is,
you passed in 12 board exam by 60% in pcm group
and you qualify in gate exam you take addmission in information technology stream
8th August 2011, 08:58 PM
sg1991

Default Re: In which stream do I need to attend the GATE entrance exam? Can I attend it in computer science and engineering?

Yes, you can do M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering after having done B. E. or B. Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication. For this you have to give GATE exam in CSE. You will be given a GATE score card which remains valid for 2 years. Depending upon your GATE score you will get the institution and subject.

You will have to study the CSE syllabus of GATE. There is no age restriction. You can give as many attempts as you want. You can appear in GATE during prefinal or final year or after completing your engg.
9th September 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

iam pursuing 2nd b.tech....from INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY .....am i eligible for gate..????
31st October 2011, 07:17 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Yes friend , there are some companies like BHEL in which they will consider the GATE marks as their 70% weight-age in the entrance Aptitude Test .
So once you have appeared GATE Examination , then it will be very helpful in many ways .

The Aptitude Tests which you will appear before attending an Interview will become much easier to you after appearing for GATE .
Once you appear GATE , then you will come to know that which type of Questions will be asking , how much you know and how much you need to learn , etc , .

There are companies like BHEL which asks GATE marks as an Eligibility Level .
Many of the govt sectors also consider the GATE marks .

So if you appear for this examination , apart from getting an admission into M'tech you have many more additional advantages .

And GATE stands for -- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

Good Luck !!!!
20th January 2012, 09:15 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,

Im graduate in B.E.( E & TC), and i want to do MTECH in computer science. So in which stream i need to attend GATE exam? Can i attend it in Computer Science Engg?

Thnaks In Advance.
Yes you can attend GATE in computer science and for this you have to apply to GATE in computer science stream and not Electronics and Telecommunication.

You have to prepare according to the syllabus of GATE computer science and that is the challenging part for those who want to do M.tech in different field from their B.tech stream.

Quote:
iam pursuing 2nd b.tech....from INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY .....am i eligible for gate..????
Right now you are not eligible.

Only prefinal or final or fully graduates in engineering are allowed.

Students who have completed their Masters(M.Sc/MCA) or in their final year can also apply.

So you can apply next year.
And if you get a score card,that card will be valid for two years.
So giving GATE exam in 3rd year is just an experience and knowledge gain.
4th February 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

how much aggrigate is needed for joining as assitent porfessor
14th March 2012, 06:33 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

Yes you can attend GATE in computer science and for this you have to apply to GATE in computer science stream and not Electronics and Telecommunication.

You have to prepare according to the syllabus of GATE computer science and that is the challenging part for those who want to do M.tech in different field from their B.tech stream.M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering after having done B. E. or B. Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication. For this you have to give GATE exam in CSE. You will be given a GATE score card which remains valid for 2 years. Depending upon your GATE score you will get the institution and subject.You will have to study the CSE syllabus of GATE. There
30th April 2012, 10:52 PM
nadankanan

M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering after having done B. E. or B. Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication. For this you have to give GATE exam in CSE. You will be given a GATE score card which remains valid for 2 years. Depending upon your GATE score you will get the institution and subject.
You have to prepare according to the syllabus of GATE computer science and that is the challenging part for those who want to do M.tech in different field from their B.tech stream.M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering after having done B. E. or B. Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication.
24th September 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

i am doing m.sc with physics can i give gate exam ...how it is beneficial for my career .......and what is the procedure of giving this exam and last date to apply
24th September 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

i am doing m.sc physics can i give gate exam ,,,,how it is beneficial for my career ......and tell me the procedure for giving that exam
24th March 2014, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

M pursuing b.tech in electronics & communication,can i give mathematics exam in gate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?