3rd August 2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for becoming AME

Dear Sir,

I do not have 50% aggregate marks in my 10+2 (Phy. Chem. & Maths) or in (Phy. & Maths) but having B.E (Mech.) Degree with 70% Marks, and also working with HAL Bangalore for the past 3 years as a Engineer.
Kindly tell me that can i be eligible for applying for Computer Number, regarding AME Cource.

I am waiting for early responce from you soon.

Regards,

Raj Mullick
Bangalore

4th August 2010, 12:01 AM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for becoming AME

hii friend yea they wil be asking 12th with 50% orelse any engineering degree with 60% marks but your college or university should be good named college because you don have 12th percentage rite so........ you are eligible you can apply for it..............

regards
azhar
4th August 2010, 01:02 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

With AME i guess u mean to say Aircraft Maintanence Engineering course.

Well the eligibility criteria for AME is 50% minimum percentage in 12th and 50%. So since you dont have 50% in 12th in PCM then sorry to say then you are not eligible for this course.

Dont worry you can do lots after you BE from Mech

Best of luck
4th August 2010, 09:56 AM
rajanivedha

Unhappy Re: Eligibility for becoming AME

hi
im sorry to say that you are not eligiblefor joining in AME...
Because the eligiblity is that you have to have a Plus two/ equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Maths 50% Marks in the aggregate...
4th August 2010, 10:09 AM
ravi6

dear,
for take admission in AME course (aircraft maintenance engineer) the minimumm

percantage is 50% marks in PCM. so you can not take admission if you have not 50%

marks in PCM.

but you can do this after your degree in mechanical. so don't worry.

REGARDS
ravi6
4th August 2010, 10:21 AM
rohity821

ame needs 50%in 12th bt after u have a deegre u can get admsn on that basis
4th August 2010, 01:06 PM
jicks

1. For doing Aircraft Maint.Engg. most of the colleges require 50% marks aggregate in +2.
  2. But since you are B.E qualified with high marks you can try at some colleges.
  3. You have the chances for gettting seat at Nehru College of Aeronautics, Coimbatore. T.N.
  4. Good Luck
4th August 2010, 01:24 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

eligibility for AME is 50% minimum percentage in 12th and 50%. if you have not gain minimum percentages then you are not eligible for this course.

good luck
4th August 2010, 02:12 PM
subhash5687
Banned

for this you should have minimum 50% marks dear we are sorry ........
4th August 2010, 02:19 PM
rohit_k

dear friend
donot worry you are elligible candidate for ame. you can get admission in aeronoutical engineering of wright brighter institute ,delhi.this institute is admission on direct basis with pcm percentages.
4th August 2010, 02:29 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for becoming AME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I do not have 50% aggregate marks in my 10+2 (Phy. Chem. & Maths) or in (Phy. & Maths) but having B.E (Mech.) Degree with 70% Marks, and also working with HAL Bangalore for the past 3 years as a Engineer.
Kindly tell me that can i be eligible for applying for Computer Number, regarding AME Cource.

I am waiting for early responce from you soon.

Regards,
it is

Raj Mullick
Bangalore
for AME is 50% minimum percentage in 12th .ok dear best of luck ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;okm keepit up
3rd February 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

i am in my final year bsc (computer science) i want to do aeronautics engineer so am i eligibility for doing engineer based on degree but i donot have 50% in my 12th standars so please guide me how can i get through engineer ,what is the procedure and which entrance exam am i suppose to write and whice college to join

please waiting for your reply thank you
24th February 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

dear,sir
i am a student of b.tech ECE(3rd year),i passed diploma in electronics and telecommunication with 82% marks.how can i get any job in aeronautics sector

aranna
jalpiguri
14th May 2011, 09:25 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Following is the eligibility criteria for AME:

Educational qualification: 10+2 in science stream or its equivalent with 50% marks in PCM.

Final year students can also apply.

Age- 17-24 years.

If you fall in the above said criteria surely you are eligible.
15th May 2011, 04:43 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

Sorry,you are not eligible because the minimum marks required for AME is 50% in 10+2 exam.
16th May 2011, 12:08 AM
Sachin Narayan

Eligibility criteria for AME is as follows:

1. Age- The age of the candidate should be 17-24 years.

2. Educational qualification: Student should get minimum 50% marks in his/her 10+2 exams.
31st May 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have no 50%marks in my 12th exam.for phy&che i ave 50%above but mat i have only 20%.but i am not fail.
so that can i have an admission on their.
17th June 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

Ii have 70% marks in my SSLC exam. Can i eligible to apply for AME Course with the base of SSLC.
19th June 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
respect fully i want to ask about ame i have 52% marks in 12th class but i m not pass out in chemistry so what i shuod do
25th June 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

How much fee for AME
29th June 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 57% in pcm in my 12th exam so can get admission in ame collage
6th August 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

how can a srving personnal can do ame ?
20th October 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir:
i secured 69% in 10th exam. then i joint in diploma course grade is mechanical i secured 80%. now idoing final year can i joint in ame
3rd November 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

is there any institute where i can pursue aircraft maintenance engineering course after btech in mechanical? whats the duration and fee structure?
9th December 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

I AM A PHYS(H)STUDENT,I PASS THE GRADUATION EXAM.CAN I ELIGIBLE FOR A.M.E?
21st December 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

is bamec equivalent to graduation ?
8th February 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

i am a bright student i will surely achieve more than 50% aggregrate
in PCM after my 10 2 for admission in thakur institute for aircraft maintenance
engineering is there any need for any competitive exams after my 12th?
plz do reply soon..
regards Richa Shah(11th student)
6th March 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

i have secured 48% in physics , 50% in chemistry and 60% in maths in 12th,.. so i want to ask whether i m eligible for AME? ,. and i have secured 72.2% in 10th ,. so what should i do now?
3rd April 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I want to do AME degree in engeering . i appeard 12th exame in 2012 with pcm and i hope that i will pased in 1st division . please give me advice.
19th June 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

i have passed diploma in mechanical engineering with 65% can i get admission for AME???
7th August 2012, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I'm studied only 10th std and i completed my diplomo in electronics engineering,AME course is elligible or not...
19th August 2012, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

can the commerce stream student apply for A.M.E exam .Kindly advice
19th August 2012, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

can commerce stream student apply/eligible for A.M.E exam.kindly reply.
25th September 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i am commerce student of b.com eligible for A.M.E exam.kindly reply.
29th October 2012, 03:16 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

AMIE degree is equivalent to Engg graduate degree and the persons with diploma in any disciple are eligible for the same.You have to qualify some semesters to clear the AMIE exams which are conducted twice a year.You have to apply to Institute of Engineess for the AMIE.
1st June 2013, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

sir
i have 56% aggregate in 12th . ...(pcm)
am i eligable for A.M.E.
3rd July 2013, 06:46 PM
darshan shetty

sir,
i have done my diploma in aeronautical engg,and have 56%aggregate.am i eligible forAME?
3rd July 2013, 06:48 PM
darshan shetty

i have done my diploma in aeronautical engg and passed with an aggregate of 56%am i eligible for AME
15th July 2013, 08:55 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Eligibility

1. You should be medically fit. A professional pilot is required to pass a Class I medical exam.

The medical fitness is assessed by an AME (Aviation Medical Examiner). The AMEs are designated by the DGCA (Director General Civil Aviation). AMEs are listed on the DGCA website http://www.dgca.gov.in/

To pass the Class I medical exam, one has to first pass a Class II medical exam. On passing the Class II, the DGCA will issue a “File Number”. An appointment for a Class I medical exam can be obtained based on this file number. The list of centers for Class II and Class I initial medical exam is available on the DGCA website.

This medical exam is required to be renewed every year until the age of 40 and twice a year after 40 years of age.

Common misconceptions:

• It is commonly believed that pilots cannot wear glasses. This is not true. Many pilots wear glasses, as long as the vision is correctable.

• There is no minimum height requirement. Normally anybody above 5 feet and 2 inches should be able to comfortably reach all the instruments and controls in the cockpit. The modern day pilot seat is adjustable in all axis.

The only person who can tell you that you are or are not medically fit, is a designated Aviation Medical Examiner through a Class I or II medical evaluation.

2. You should be able to read, write, understand and speak English fluently.

English is the language of aviation. All communication in aviation between pilots in the cockpit and Air Traffic Controllers are required to be in English.

To train in the USA as a pilot, TOEFL is not a requirement.

3. You should be at least 17 years of age to commence training and 18 years of age to qualify for a Commercial Pilot License.
At the time of completion of CPL (Commercial Pilot License) training, the student pilot should be at least 18 years of age for the issue of CPL

4. Indian DGCA requires you be a 10+2 graduate with Physics and Maths or equivalent.

Students who do not have 12th standard mathematics and physics or equivalent can enroll with the NIOS (National Institute of Open School) at the same time of enrolling for pilot training and pass the Mathematics and Physics papers simultaneously. The 12th standard Mathematics and Physics is only a requirement at the time of issue of license on completing of flight training, Not for course commencement.
15th July 2013, 08:57 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Eligibility

1. You should be medically fit. A professional pilot is required to pass a Class I medical exam.

The medical fitness is assessed by an AME (Aviation Medical Examiner). The AMEs are designated by the DGCA (Director General Civil Aviation). AMEs are listed on the DGCA website http://www.dgca.gov.in/

To pass the Class I medical exam, one has to first pass a Class II medical exam. On passing the Class II, the DGCA will issue a “File Number”. An appointment for a Class I medical exam can be obtained based on this file number. The list of centers for Class II and Class I initial medical exam is available on the DGCA website.

This medical exam is required to be renewed every year until the age of 40 and twice a year after 40 years of age.

Common misconceptions:

• It is commonly believed that pilots cannot wear glasses. This is not true. Many pilots wear glasses, as long as the vision is correctable.

• There is no minimum height requirement. Normally anybody above 5 feet and 2 inches should be able to comfortably reach all the instruments and controls in the cockpit. The modern day pilot seat is adjustable in all axis.

The only person who can tell you that you are or are not medically fit, is a designated Aviation Medical Examiner through a Class I or II medical evaluation.

2. You should be able to read, write, understand and speak English fluently.

English is the language of aviation. All communication in aviation between pilots in the cockpit and Air Traffic Controllers are required to be in English.

To train in the USA as a pilot, TOEFL is not a requirement.

3. You should be at least 17 years of age to commence training and 18 years of age to qualify for a Commercial Pilot License.
At the time of completion of CPL (Commercial Pilot License) training, the student pilot should be at least 18 years of age for the issue of CPL

4. Indian DGCA requires you be a 10+2 graduate with Physics and Maths or equivalent.

Students who do not have 12th standard mathematics and physics or equivalent can enroll with the NIOS (National Institute of Open School) at the same time of enrolling for pilot training and pass the Mathematics and Physics papers simultaneously. The 12th standard Mathematics and Physics is only a requirement at the time of issue of license on completing of flight training, Not for course commencement.
16th July 2013, 12:48 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Following is the eligibility criteria for AME:

Educational qualification: 10+2 in science stream or its equivalent with 50% marks in PCM.

Final year students can also apply.

Age- 17-24 years.

If you fall in the above said criteria surely you are eligibl

All the best................
11th March 2014, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

hi.... i am appearing fr the second pu coming exams... am interested in doing AME... is there a need to write CET???? to join AME???
1st April 2018, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

My age is 16 years and 4 months now and I have given my 10 2 and I know I will surely get more then 60% then am I eligible for ame?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?