11th August 2011, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Difference between IAS and IPS exam exam pattern?

May i know that there is any difference b/w ias and ips exam pattern or is there anydifferent papers for both the exam or there is same paper

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between IAS and IPS exam exam pattern?
  2. What is the requirement for IPS exam? Training fee and the coaching institutes available? Difference between IAS and IPS exam?
  3. What to do after 12th board exam to become an IAS officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the basic difference between IAS and IPS exam?
  5. What should I do for IAS and IPS?
  6. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  7. What is the IAS exam pattern and how many stages I need to clear? -- [New]
  8. What is the difference between IAS and IPS?
  9. Is there any difference in the entrance exam for IPS or IAS?
  10. What is the study material for IAS or IPS? Previous years question papers?
  11. Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to apply for IAS and IPS? Which Books to prepare for these Entrance Exams?
  12. Eligibility for IAS and IPS exam after B.Com?
  13. How can I prepare for UPSC exam to become an IPS Officer? Age limit to become an IPS Officer? Difference between IPS and SP?
  14. Procedure to become an IPS officer? Difference between IPS and UPSC entrance exam?
  15. Age limit for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirements to become IAS and IPS officer?
  16. What is the qualification to write IAS or IPS entrance exam?
  17. What should I do to clear IAS Exam? Which books to prepare for this Exam? Exam pattern for this Exam? How to start preparation for this Exam?
  18. Age required for IAS and IPS exam? Minimum and Maximum requirement to become an IAS or IPS officer?
3rd December 2011, 01:38 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between IAS and IPS exam exam pattern?

Hi Whether it is IAS (Indian Administrative Service) or IPS(Indian Police Services) a candidate has to give the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).So we can say that there is no such differences in exam pattern and
the exam is classified into three parts- the preliminary exam, the main exam and the interview.
29th January 2012, 12:29 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May i know that there is any difference b/w ias and ips exam pattern or is there anydifferent papers for both the exam or there is same paper
HI,
I.P.S is INDIAN POLICE SERVICES.
I.A.S is INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

For I.A.S and I.P.S there is single exam that is CIVIL SERVICES EXAM.

CIVIL SERVICES EXAM conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
There is no difference in between exam pattern for I.A.S, I.P.S.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
29th January 2012, 09:26 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend,

IAS and IPS are two of the most sought after career in India.Full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service while Full form of IPS is Indian Police Service. Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) in India is an autonomous body that conducts examinations for various government sector jobs in India and the most notable among these are the posts of IAS and the IPS.

[U]IAS/U]

Indian Administrative Service or the IAS, as it is called in India is the dream of a vast majority of students as it is considered to be the most coveted career prospect in the country.

Only about 150 students get to join IAS cadres in India every year but millions aspire to be a part of this bandwagon that is seen as the most rewarding career in India.

The post of an IAS offers opportunities to be a part of the administrative setup and do something worthwhile for the society.

The exam consists of three parts. Any applicant has to clear the preliminary, exam, the main exam and then the interview to hope to be an IAS. Students of all streams after graduation can appear in the exam to become an IAS.

IPS

Indian Police Service or IPS is a career that is fast catching up with IAS in terms of popularity today. As the name suggests, a person who becomes an IPS, starts with the rank of a Superintendent of Police which is a high ranking post in the police set up. The career of IPS is considered to be more challenging than an IAS as it is a tough job and the person is responsible for maintaining law and order in the district or city where he is posted.

Mian Difference in IAS and IPS...........

1. IAS personnel handle governmental affairs and are absorbed in the administrative setup, while IPS are personnel that take up the challenging responsibility of maintaining law and order in the society.

2. While an IAS can hold posts like Cabinet Secretary, Under Secretary, Joint Secretary, Additional Secretary and Secretary, IPS officers clearly belong to the police force and hold posts like Superintendent of Police, Deputy Inspector General and Inspector General.
17th May 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
Hi Whether it is IAS (Indian Administrative Service) or IPS(Indian Police Services) a candidate has to give the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).So we can say that there is no such differences in exam pattern and
the exam is classified into three parts- the preliminary exam, the main exam and the interview.

There is lots of difference between exam patterns of these two for details see ::

http://www.upscsyllabus.in/ips/ips-lce-syllabus
28th May 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask that is their any difference between the syllabus and exam pattern of IAS and PCS ?
21st June 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualify percentage of IPS and IAS?
12th September 2012, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

what type of schedule should be adopted while preparing for the prelims????
11th December 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi,frndz.
I'm Md.Zaid Khan in 11th class from KV mati (kanpur dehat) i wanna become an IPS officer.so what i do fr this?

£Z@
18th March 2013, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Focus on a particular subject and make a command on this. after doing graduation u willbe able to give exam
17th May 2013, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

I passed class 12th and i become a I.A.S. officer and what can i do this civil service pls tell me answer.
6th June 2013, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir me is ke liye kaise prepare karu.
10th June 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir me is ke liye kaise prepare karu...?
2nd August 2013, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

can i give my ips or ias exam with another subject beside my degree
2nd August 2013, 11:50 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi,frndz.
I'm Md.Zaid Khan in 11th class from KV mati (kanpur dehat) i wanna become an IPS officer.so what i do fr this?

£Z@

Dear Aspirant,

Good to hear being a young teen you are wishing to become an IPS Officer.......!!!!

--->> IPS Stands for the Indian Police Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission only once time under the Civil Service Examination......

--->> So, if you are wishing to become an IPS Officer then first of all you have to take admission in the 11-12th std. then you have to join any Graduation/Bachelor course in any of the Discipline then you become eligible for applying this examination.....

--->> There is no any percentages criteria for applying this exam, all is just a candidate have to completed their Graduation Degree in any of field can apply for it........

You have to Face Civil Service Exam which has two stages:
  1. Written Exam and
  2. Interview

--->> While Written exam a candidate have to face two stages of the exam that is Preliminary exam and Written exam, Every paper of Prelim exam is of 200 marks and every paper of Main exam of 300 marks.....

--->> For the Prelim Exam you have to choose only one Optional subjects while for the Main Exam you have to choose at least 2 optional Subjects.....

Age Criteria:-
  • Minimum age should be 21 years.
  • Maximum age should not exists 30 years.

Age Relaxation :-
  • OBC - 3 years Relaxation.
  • SC/ST - 5 years Relaxation.

Attempt Limit:-

--->> General category candidate can apply maximum 4 attempt, While OBC category candidate can apply max. 7 attempt and there is No any Age Restriction for SC/ST category candidate.....

Exam Pattern:-

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
4th August 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Me Ips ki prepration k liye kya kya keru.I mean books.physical activity. Jo v ho sb kuch.btaiye ap. Plz
4th August 2013, 11:23 PM
chikkykranthi619

I.P.S is INDIAN POLICE SERVICES and I.A.S is INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.

For I.A.S and I.P.S exam there will be exam conducted by UPSC that is CIVIL SERVICES EXAM.Only one time this exam will be conducted and there will be exam every year.

Age limitation is :
For Open category - 21 years - 30 years
For OBC category - 21 years - 33 Years
For ST/SC category - 21 years - 37 years

General Category candidates maximum number of attempts allowed are 4 similarly OBC have 7 attempts but SC/ST candidates until they attain age of 30 years they can give any number of attempts.

IAS post will be given first preference than IPS.But both are prestigious jobs.
If we give ranking IAS is number one then number 2 ranking will be IPS.

IAS has no much physical requirement and IPS requires height and weight.
Pattern for I.A.S and I.P.S is same.There will not be any change in the pattern for both the IAS and IPS exams.
20th October 2013, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best area after 12th
5th August 2014, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

No i dnt have any ques. Bt its a request that please read the questions asked by others and answer to it. If you are doing so then thanks for answering the questions being asked.
18th September 2014, 08:59 AM
Unregistered

iam doing graduation in U A E..
i want to do the preliminary exam.. so where is the best centre?
27th November 2014, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Plz help me hume IPS ki taiyari karni hai mujhe kya kya karna hoga plz hume koi help kijiye kaun se book padhna hai hume bataiyena plz mera no hai-9608796631 I'm sumit from ranchi....
22nd January 2018, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

What is the fee structure of top academies for the UPSC classes? Please suggest some best coaching centers economically and quality wise, it would be great help to many of us.

Regards,
Abhinav Mishra
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?