17th August 2011, 09:57 PM
Gaurav007i

Preparations to be done to get a job in TCS? Which books to be referred?

I am in B.Tech. 4th year and I want to know wat preparations I have to do to get a job in T.C.S.? What books I need to study?

18th August 2011, 10:59 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Preparations to be done to get a job in TCS? Which books to be referred?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav007i View Post
I am in B.Tech. 4th year and I want to know wat preparations I have to do to get a job in T.C.S.? What books I need to study?
Hello Gaurav
One of my friend made into TCS company. He was also aspirant like you at one time.

But now he is the job holder of TCS anyways I'm sharing his experiences with TCS Selection process.

Actually he got this opportunity to attend TCS interview through JWJOBS site
The Interview procedure was in this way it seems.
->Written Test
->Technical Cum HR interview.

Written test consisted of 35 question with the time gap of 80 Minutes I guess.

Written test is simple in my terms because all the questions will get repeated from the previous years papers. So if you practice well the previous papers you can have confidence to get the first round clear.
This can be easily attempted if you have good grip on quantitative aptitude to get prepared for this you can go through R.S Agarwal.

Next after completing Written test candidates are shortlisted and then asked for Interview and HR round.

this is a combined round this is known as difficult round but it mainly depends on the HR sometimes HR will be in one mood and asks questions in one way in the other moment he may get changed we can't expect this round but it is not that tough if you show confidence on your face its enough for them to give job.

This is all about the selection of the TCS candidates that's how my friend got selected following the above procedure

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
18th August 2011, 11:47 PM
Sehwag6

Thumbs up Re: Preparations to be done to get a job in TCS? Which books to be referred?

tcs is one of the leading companies in the world.

selection procedure:_

1.aptitude test

2.interview(technical+hr)

if you clear the aptitude means you select 60%

for the aptitude you refer rs agarwal aptitude books

prepare well with many previous year papers

i can attach many papers

all the best>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
19th August 2011, 02:08 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Preparations to be done to get a job in TCS? Which books to be referred?

dear friend,
See, my friend to get a job in any leading software companies you have to go through the aptitude test and Interview session..
These two things you have to crack...
So, to crack the aptitude test you have to do lots of practice..
You have to solve as many as aptitude questions to get the speed..
You have to solve previous year aptitude questions of TCS..
From where you can get 80% common...
After qualifying in aptitude test you have to go through the interview session..
where they will ask you questions from Technical papers as well as HR section...
you must have a basic concept in your technical paper, and a good presents of mind to answer the HR questions...
So, to crack the interview, you have to build your soft skills..
Now, prepare yourself.. Don't get nervous at the time of interview... Just stay cool, calm..
All the best.
19th August 2011, 04:11 PM
saugata2008

Default Re: Preparations to be done to get a job in TCS? Which books to be referred?

Hiiiiii Gourav,

I am also a B.tech student and some of my friends cracked TCS last year.They got the job from our collage campusing through
1.Written Test
2.Technical Cum HR interview.
Written test consisted of 35 question with the time gap of 80 Minutes I guess.

Written test is simple in my terms because all the questions will get repeated from the previous years papers. So if you practice well the previous papers you can have confidence to get the first round clear.
This can be easily attempted if you have good grip on quantitative aptitude to get prepared for this you can go through R.S Agarwal.

Next after completing Written test candidates are shortlisted and then asked for Interview and HR round.According to them which was not difficult at all.
so keep prepar yourself & best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?