20th August 2011, 12:48 PM
akash1996.2006

How can I prepare for IAS? How much time is needed to prepare for it?

hii this is neha barve here i just wanted to know how 1 can prepare for ias,how much time it need to prepare for it..wht are the carrier oppurtunity in tht..??

29th August 2011, 09:19 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can I prepare for IAS? How much time is needed to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash1996.2006 View Post
hii this is neha barve here i just wanted to know how 1 can prepare for ias,how much time it need to prepare for it..wht are the carrier oppurtunity in tht..??
Hi Neha..!
You are eligible for Civil service examination(So Called IAS examination Unofficially). only when you satisfy the following two eligibility criteria conditions.

->if you are a graduate in a recognized Indian university
->also you should have minimum 21 years of age.

then you are eligible to write IAS exam okay.!

and coming to preparation patterns there are various ways to prepare for this according to the tastes and preferences of the individuals.

First of all I want to say you one thing clearly
->IAS is not a course
->It is a service done to mankind by a selected candidate by UPSC through an examination called Civil service examination.

Coming to the preparation again.
->It depends on candidates potential.
->some may complete this preparation in 3 months some may take 2 years depending upon their interest,Ability,Concentration,Sincerity and etc.,

All you need to do is attempt seriously give your best performance.
Make your things clear before you do.
After becoming IAS officer you will know what good decision you made now. This job gives you immense satisfaction.

Value for salary what you take for government, Responsibilities which feels you to be proud because you are an Indian.

And many more worldly benefits are there after becoming Civil servant hopefully I can say after becoming an IAS officer.

All the best friend

regards

~AdityA~
29th August 2011, 09:24 PM
rana2011
Banned

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS? How much time is needed to prepare for it?

It depends on candidates potential.
some may complete this preparation in 3 months some may take 2 years depending upon their interest,Ability,Concentration,Sincerity and etc.,

At first You have to compleate graduate in a recognized Indian university
And your should have minimum 21 years of age.

Then you are eligible to write IAS exam.

Thanks!!
29th August 2011, 09:35 PM
shobhitk53

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS? How much time is needed to prepare for it?

Yeah i do agree ... IAS Examiination is a plateform which gives you a feeling of Real India in all sense...You have a peak of comfort here along with subtle issues which may lead to many sleepless nights ...

That's why the procedure of selection is so clumpsy that once a candidate is selected he could serve the country in best possible way....

Definitely after a saint like worship is needed in the preparation provided the result is some Boon alike...
29th August 2011, 10:28 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Arrow Re: How can I prepare for IAS? How much time is needed to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash1996.2006 View Post
IAS is Indian Administrative Service and this exam is conducted by UPSC.

The candidates are selected through 3 stages:

Preliminary exam.
Main exam.
Interview.

Pattern for IAS preliminary:

Paper I:

Current events of national and international importance

History of India and Indian National Movement

Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography

of India and the World.

Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System,

Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development,

Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate

Change - that do not require subject specialization

General Science.

Paper II:

Comprehension

Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

Logical reasoning and analytical ability

Decision making and problem solving

General mental ability

Basic numeracy, Data interpretation

English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level

Pattern for IAS Main:

The Main exam consists of two optional papers each carrying 300 marks and they are
General studies(300 marks) and
Essay(200 marks) and other paper consists of Indian language and g
Gneral English.

The top institutes for preparing for the IAS exam:

 Vajiram and Ravi IAS Study Centre

 Rau's IAS Study Circle

 Delhi's IAS Study Circle

 Sachdeva New P.T. College

 Chanakkya IAS Academy

 Reddy's IAS Study Circle

For more information you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2011, 11:13 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Tips for IAS
*make a determination to crack the exam
*make a time table then follow that
*every subject give the same valutions
*regular study
all d best
11th September 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

iam seshathri.n doing final b.com wat i do write know for preparation.
5th December 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO PREPARE FOR IAS EXAM AFTER ENGINEERING (PRODUCTION)
12th February 2012, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

how to start preparing while doing B.D.S? What would be the subject of choice for us?
26th March 2012, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

hey frnds in my view.for ias we must do regular hardwork.we must plan each and every thing which we should study.mainly previous question papers play very imp role.plz don"t neglect them.but plan and study with a gud commitment mean.divide the portion 2 study in small bits and study little but daily.surely we can achieve.all the very best 2 ur bright future.
28th May 2012, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

hii friends i have completed my engineering from computer science.i want to start preparation for ias exam ,plz refer me some books for prelims and optional subject geography and public administration. and how much time taken to crack the ias fully hardworking ? and it is possible to crack without coaching center.
31st May 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Is general degree can be taken as a eligibility criteria
8th July 2012, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi
sir i want to know that iam a 4 th class employee in rdvv university Jabalpur and want to be an ias. Is there any example like this ?
18th July 2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Hi All,
Can someone say if preparation for civil services be completed in 10 months and if it is possible then how long does a person need to study a day?
22nd July 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi All,

First of all, let me thank all the people contributing to this forum. I just found this out in my googling activity and registered. :)
I have a similar question as the person above. Me and some of my friends completed grad together. It has been 6 years. I took up a job to support my family and currently working at a good position in an MNC. My friends (2 of them) took up IAS preparation and have not been completely sucessful. They have cracked the first exam twice though. Let me tell you that they are impressively good in study and have been focused since the college life. Now, I too have somehow inclined to prepare myself for IAS. Not for the job, but for the opportunities it provides to serve our nation in its way. I am 27 now and tenchnically I have 3 years. So, is it practically possible to crac this toughest exam of IAS ?
Experienced suggestions appreciated. :)
7th October 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

hi i m neha gupta n i m in bsc 2nd year n i want to know that how to exactly devote my time for ias examz
8th October 2012, 08:59 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.
19th November 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi...m Ashweta..m studying in ty bsc agri..can i know what are the possible referrence books for preparation of IAs exam????
7th July 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi..i m priyanka studing in te(cse).i want to give IAS exam &i want to start preparation from this year... can you tell me .initially which book is referred? how can i prepare for IAS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?