6th September 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

How can make my career in Data Warehousing?

I am in MCA final year.I am well acquainted with DBMS concepts and Oracle PL/sql and I want to start my career in data warehousing.But there are no openings for freshers in this field.Can you please guide me how can I make my career in this field in best possible manner?

4th November 2011, 05:14 PM
rudramishra

Default Re: How can make my career in Data Warehousing?

data warehousing and analytic solutions to meet a wide variety of customer requirements. From the speed, simplicity and focus of IBM Netezza data warehouse appliances to the flexible foundation and modularity of the IBM Smart Analytics System, IBM delivers purpose-built, workload-optimized and pre-integrated software and hardware systems designed to minimize project time, cost and risk. In addition, IBM provides individual software products such as InfoSphere Warehouse and InfoSphere Warehouse Packs
12th February 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

I want to start my job in data ware housing so what type of courses I have to learn.I am familiar in oracle,java,java script,html and also fundamentals in data ware housing
22nd July 2012, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

hi i working a testengieer in one company but here very less chances to grow up my future so i will plan to change my domain testing to Datawarehousing
1)changining the domain is correct?
2)which tool having goodopenings please tell me
31st May 2023, 11:06 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To pursue a career in data warehousing, you can follow these steps:

Gain a Strong Foundation: Start by acquiring a strong foundation in data management, database concepts, and SQL (Structured Query Language). Understand the principles of data modeling, database design, and data manipulation.

Develop Technical Skills: Familiarize yourself with data warehousing concepts, tools, and technologies. Learn about ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, data integration, dimensional modeling, data quality, and data warehouse architecture. Gain hands-on experience with popular data warehousing tools such as Oracle Data Warehouse, IBM InfoSphere, Microsoft SQL Server, or Snowflake.

Learn Business Intelligence (BI): Data warehousing is closely related to business intelligence. Familiarize yourself with BI concepts, reporting tools, and analytics platforms. Understand how to extract insights from data warehouses and present them in meaningful and actionable ways.

Acquire Programming Skills: Develop programming skills in languages such as Python, R, or Java. These skills can be valuable when working with data transformation, data analysis, and building data pipelines.

Pursue Relevant Education: Consider pursuing a degree in computer science, information technology, data science, or a related field. Alternatively, you can opt for specialized certifications or short-term courses that focus on data warehousing and business intelligence.

Gain Practical Experience: Seek opportunities to gain practical experience in data warehousing. Look for internships, co-op programs, or entry-level positions in companies that work with data warehousing technologies. This will provide you with hands-on experience and exposure to real-world data warehousing projects.

Build a Portfolio: As you gain experience, build a portfolio that showcases your data warehousing projects, including data modeling, ETL processes, data integration, and reporting. Highlight your technical skills, problem-solving abilities, and outcomes achieved through your projects.

Stay Updated: Data warehousing is a constantly evolving field. Stay updated with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices. Attend conferences, join professional associations, participate in webinars, and engage with the data warehousing community to expand your knowledge and network.

Networking: Build a professional network by connecting with professionals in the field, joining online forums, attending industry events, and engaging in conversations with data warehousing experts. Networking can lead to job opportunities, mentorship, and valuable insights.

Continual Learning: Commit to lifelong learning and continuous improvement. Explore advanced topics in data warehousing, pursue certifications, and stay informed about emerging technologies and trends in the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?