7th September 2011, 01:36 AM
sunil patni

Is this worthful to do the course of Acturial Science for the candidate of MBA in Finance doing job in Bank of New York?

my son has completed mba finance and know he is at job in bank of new york and please let me know weather it is worthful to do the course of acturial science and by distance course . sunil patni

Related Questions:
  1. How to get a Job in the field of Finance being a candidate having completed MBA with Finance with 70% of marks?
  2. Eligibility of MS finance (ICFAI) for acturial courses? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Which bank job is suitable for me being MBA in finance and marketing?
  4. What are the opportunities available for me after doing MBA in finance?
  5. Will I get Job in Administration field after completion of MBA course being a candidate from Science background?
  6. How to join the course of Acturial Science? Are there any colleges in India?
  7. Which is best and easily achievable for a frustrated Software engineer - MBA or Bank PO job? -- [New]
  8. How to pursue the course of Actuarial Science?
  9. In which Companies I can do Back Officer Jobs being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance?
  10. Where can I get good Job being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance & Marketing? How can I get a good Job?
  11. How to prepare for private bank job after passing MBA finance
  12. Which career option is a better choice for me between Lecturer and Bank Job being a candidate having completed B.Com, M.Sc in Computer Science and MBA with HR?
  13. Is there any chance to get a job in government bank after completing MBA finance?
  14. List of Companies that provide Job Opportunities in Finance being a candidate having completed MBA in Finance?
  15. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in any Bank for MBA(Finance) candidate?
  16. Probationary officer exam while doing last semseter of MBA? Bank PO officers salary structure? Procedure?
  17. After doing B.Com(H) from Delhi University how to continue my studies with PG in Acturial Science?
  18. How to get a job in finance after doing MBA 2nd year in Marketing and Finance
2nd December 2011, 07:26 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this worthful to do the course of Acturial Science for the candidate of MBA in Finance doing job in Bank of New York?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil patni View Post
my son has completed mba finance and know he is at job in bank of new york and please let me know weather it is worthful to do the course of acturial science and by distance course . sunil patni
Hello Sir,
If you want your son to pursue Acturial science, he will have to clear 15 papers prescribed by the IAI. If he qualifies all the papers, he will be entitled as an associate member of IAI and will become an actuary.
An actuary is basically appointed in the insurance industry like Investment and Financial Services, Health Insurance, Life Insurance and General Insurance.
It is an highly paid profession and its of course worth pursuing this course.
To be eligible for the course, he must have done his MBA in disciplines having mathematical/statistical content or have scored a minimum of 85% marks in Maths or statistics in the +2 level.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?