13th September 2011, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for PSU? What material should I refer? When will the form be issued?

sir i am a mechanical student fourth year and want to prepare for psu. what material should i study? when the forms will issued?

13th June 2016, 06:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for PSU? What material should I refer? When will the form be issued?

PSU stands for Public Sector Undertakings. Some of the top PSUs for mechanical engineering candidates are NTPC, BHEL, SAIL, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL etc. All these PSUs recruit candidates on basis of GATE scorecard and interview. Getting good rank is one of the important criteria for getting jobs in PSUs.

If you want to get job in PSUs, you will have to crack Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and be among top 500. MADE EASY and GATE forum are good institutes for preparation of GATE examination. Some of the most important books are:

>>Thermal Science by P.K Nag.

>>Fluid Mechanics by S.K Som.

>>Theory of Machines by SS Rattan.

>>Heat Transfer by R Sachdeva.

>>Machine Design by V Bhandari.

>>Engineering Mathematics by BS Grewal.

Application forms for these PSUs are available from February to April. You can apply at official website of your desired PSU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?