23rd September 2011, 12:26 AM
Veer Sagar

How can I get information about Joining IMA?

Re.Sir,

I am sagar veer From Maharashtra.i am a under graduate student doing BCS 1st year and my age is 3-3-1988.Due to family responsiblities i was unabled to completed graduation but now i am in 1st year.10+2 completed with PCM with 70.33%.si rio am very intrested to join IMA so i am eligible for IMA ??????

Thanks & Regards

Veer Sagar

21st April 2012, 01:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get information about Joining IMA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veer Sagar View Post
Re.Sir,

I am sagar veer From Maharashtra.i am a under graduate student doing BCS 1st year and my age is 3-3-1988.Due to family responsiblities i was unabled to completed graduation but now i am in 1st year.10+2 completed with PCM with 70.33%.si rio am very intrested to join IMA so i am eligible for IMA ??????

Thanks & Regards

Veer Sagar
IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to Join IMA, You have to cracked the CDS Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for CDS Examination.

But for IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years, No upper age relaxation is applicable for any candidates.

But you are now 24 years of age and you are Pursuing your 1st year graduation degree course and when you are pursuing your final year, then you crossed the age of 24 years. So you are not eligible for IMA because you are not fulfill the age eligibility criteria.

So, You are not eligible for CDS Examination to Join Indian Military Academy.

If you want to know more about this examination, then please check the UPSC Official website :

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st April 2012, 02:16 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy.

IMA conducted by the CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. CDS exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a Year. i.e. CDS- I, CDS-II.

CDS exam is three wings

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Airforce.

Navy.

Eligibility criteria of IMA:

you should be citizen of india.

The educational qualification is complete graduation from recognized university.

Your age limit should be between 19-24 years.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. Girls are not eligible for this exam.

The candidate should be medically and physically fit for this exam.

For more information visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
3rd June 2012, 08:00 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

hi friend,

Well there are two ways of joining IMA either through UES ,TGC AND CDS EXAM.

Eligibility criteria for UES ::

You must have completed your engineering degree.
You must be between 21 to 24 years .
There is no written exam in it you will directly call for SSB .

Eligibility criteria for TGC ::

This is to join as SSC.
You must have completed your engineering degree.
You must be between 21 to 24 years .
There is no written exam in it you will directly call for SSB .

Eligibility criteria for CDS ::

You must have got degree .
You must be between 19 to 24 years .

goood luck
3rd June 2012, 08:19 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

You can enter the IMA through NDA exam or through Tech.entry scheme(14 years service)

For NDA:-

You should have completed your 12th from MPC background with minimum 60% marks,age limit must be from 16 and 1/2 to 19 and 1/2 years.
The applications will be available at our city's head post office.

For SSB(Tech.entry scheme):-

You should have a minimum of 75% from MPC background,age limit must be from 16 and 1/2 to 19 and 1/2 years.
You should apply the application all by yourself along with 10th and 12th conduct certificates along with mark list.

The notification will be shown in THE hindu or in the Employement news.

all the best

3rd June 2012, 08:37 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

IMA is Indian Military Academy which is a defence force of India and for joining in this force you need to write a entrance exam which is CDS.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Academy and this exam is one of the exams conducted by UPSC every year and this exam is held twice in a year.

For writing this exam you must possess certain eligibility criteria and they may include:

The candidate must be a citizen of India and the candidate who are want to write the CDS exam must be a unmarried male candidate.

For joining in IMA the candidate must have a age limit of 19-24 years and regarding the education qualification for joining in IMA it is that the candidate must have completed a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

For more information regarding the CDS Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
8th June 2012, 10:01 AM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to Join IMA, You have to cracked the CDS Examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and this examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year and to apply for this examination you must have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for CDS Examination.

But for IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 Years, No upper age relaxation is applicable for any candidates.

But you are now 24 years of age and you are Pursuing your 1st year graduation degree course and when you are pursuing your final year, then you crossed the age of 24 years. So you are not eligible for IMA because you are not fulfill the age eligibility criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?