24th September 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?

hallo
sir /mam
i m student of 2nd year btech with computer science .can i give upsc exams ? if i can then pls help me out how can prepare? what are the books available ?
[email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  2. Best way to prepare for IAS exam while in CSE 2nd year?
  3. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  4. What is the use of studying M.Sc course being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in CSE? Which Entrance Exams should I prepare to study in Abroad?
  5. Am I eligible to give UPSC CSE exam while pursuing B.E? How to become an IPS?
  6. How to apply and study for Civil services exam being in 2nd year of BCA? -- [New]
  7. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  8. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?
  9. Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?
  10. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  11. How to prepare for Collector Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE course?
  12. Can I give IIT-JAM Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Degree?
  13. How to do summer training for 40 days? I am pursuing B.Tech in CSE 2nd year in Chitkara University
  14. How to change my stream from CSE to Civil being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in CSE?
  15. Can I be eligible to give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Com?
  16. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech?
  17. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  18. How to start preparation for IAS exam while pursuing CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
24th September 2011, 12:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hallo
sir /mam
i m student of 2nd year btech with computer science .can i give upsc exams ? if i can then pls help me out how can prepare? what are the books available ?
[email protected]
Dear friend,

B-TECH ,2nd year student are not eligible for UPSC exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for UPSC exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
All the best
25th September 2011, 02:35 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hallo sir /mam i m student of 2nd year btech with computer science .can i give upsc exams ? if i can then pls help me out how can prepare? what are the books available [email protected]

Information Regarding UPSC Examination.

If you are doing B.Tech course in computer science branch and interested in the UPSC examination then you will be eligible in the final year of b.Tech course. You can apply for the UPSC examination in the final year of B.Tech course. UPSC conducts many examination like IAS, IPS, IFS....and many other. In the final year or after passing the B.Tech course you will be eligible to apply for UPSC examination.

But you are not eligible for the IES examination. According to eligibility criteria the Computer Science and Information Technology branch are not eligible for the IES examination. For IES examination the eligible branch is Electrical, Electronics & Communication, Civil and Mechanical Engineering. The details information is available on the official website of UPSC.

For the UPSC examination the age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category. For any more information about the UPSC examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
24th November 2011, 08:37 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

I am really very sorry, to inform you, the engineering graduates in computer science , are not eligible for the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC],Indian Engineering Services [IES] exam.
Through this examination [IES], the engineering students can apply for various engineering posts in various governmental departments.

For being eligible for this examination, one must have engineering degree from a recognized college in any one of theses streams that I have mentioned here...

1. CIVIL ENGINEERING
2. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
3. ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
4. ELECTRICAL & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING.

The age-limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates..

No of attempts-
Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates..

For more info.. please visit-
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Thank you!!
~gamble~
25th December 2011, 08:17 PM
jeo-rocks

sorry friends you are not apply for this exam because Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.

age-limit
. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 ( 2nd January, 1989 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders ) and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.

educational qualification-
Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ / Rtg.

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
25th December 2011, 09:14 PM
jeo-rocks

SORRY FRIENDS i am really to say that you are not eligible for this exam till now because Candidates, who have yet to pass their degree examination will be eligible only if they are studying in the final year of degree examination.

eligibility-

a candidates should be final year or completed his graduation from a recognized institutes with any stream.

Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

age limit should be 21- 30 yrs.

for more information you can visit the official website-
www.upse.gov.in//

thanks
28th October 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

if any 2 attempts in 10(or) 2 are able to attend a civil service examination
9th January 2014, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

sir
I am in 3rd yr in cse .can i apply in air force naval academy ,what are the criteria ,age limit,.....etc. Please inform in my id ,[email protected]
13th November 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir\ Ma'am
Can I apply for UPSC examination like CDS,SCRA being a candidate pursuing, 2nd year BE with Mechanical branch?
And aside from this, I am student of 2nd year of Mechanical branch, I have filled the online form of SCRA, is it legal or not?
Please tell me
Thankyou
13th November 2014, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
Can I apply for UPSC examination like CDS, SCRA as candidate pursuing of 2nd year of BE with Mechanical branch?
And asidwe from this I am student of 2 nd year with Mechanical brach I have filled the online form of SCRA...sir is it legal or not???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?