28th September 2011, 12:02 AM
divyakant.88

Is a person eligible for IAS exam after doing graduation through correspondence?

hi this is divyakant and i have done B.A. pvt. From ccs university will that be enough.and my question is that can a person who have his graduation throgh correspondence is he eligble or not and which ome will be the best coching centre....

28th September 2011, 09:38 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after doing graduation through correspondence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divyakant.88 View Post
hi this is divyakant and i have done B.A. pvt. From ccs university will that be enough.and my question is that can a person who have his graduation throgh correspondence is he eligble or not and which ome will be the best coching centre....

Yes the persons who completed their graduation from any recognized Indian universities are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam

there is no restriction about the type of study. i.e., it may be regular study or distance education.

the minimum qualifications that are required by examination authorities are as follows.
->the candidate who is applying for exam must have a degree from recognized Indian University.
->The candidate who is applying must complete his minimum age of 21 years and should not cross his/her 30 years.

So now you are clear that you are eligible for examination as this year you don't have any chance you can apply for the examination if you are satisfying the eligibility conditions which I mentioned above.

Coming to your next doubt about the best coaching classes for IAS preparation.

it is tough to say this because you have not mentioned the details about your living place. but generally I can say you one thing that all the metropolitan cities are providing best coaching for this exam.

for example like Delhi is the best place to take coaching for this examination.
and also the same way occupies another metropolitan city i.e., hyderabad.

Complete your whole preparation for the first attempt. Make a confident try. if luck also is with you then you can make into the prestigious job in the first attempt , if this doesn't happen don't loose your heart. Civil service exam is worth for another try.

all the best for your preparation friend
anytime you get any doubt don't foget this forum will surely help you .

regards

~aditya~
28th September 2011, 10:12 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after doing graduation through correspondence?

Hello friend.

yes definitely you are eligible.
Graduate from corresponding should eligible for IAS.

more details.
www.upsc.com

good luck
28th September 2011, 02:26 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after doing graduation through correspondence?

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam, as you have complete the graduation course.

The only eligibility criteria you have to fulfill is , you must have complete your graduation..

It is not important that you have complete the graduation in regular mode or distance mode..
The important thing is you must have complete the graduation from a recognized university.
So, if your institute is recognized one, then you are eligible for IAS exam.

All the best.
28th September 2011, 04:21 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

of course, my dear elder brother,
for IAS you just have to complete your graduation from a recognized university whatever may be the stream or mode , its does not matter.
the age limit for this exam is 21-30. there are 5 &3 years relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidate.
28th September 2011, 04:28 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Is a person eligible for IAS exam after doing graduation through correspondence?

HI DEAR

Yes the persons who completed their graduation from any recognized Indian universities are eligible to apply for IAS entrance exam

there is no restriction about the type of study. i.e., it may be regular study or distance education.

the minimum qualifications that are required by examination authorities are as follows.
->the candidate who is applying for exam must have a degree from recognized Indian University.
->The candidate who is applying must complete his minimum age of 21 years and should not cross his/her 30 years.

So now you are clear that you are eligible for examination as this year you don't have any chance you can apply for the examination if you are satisfying the eligibility conditions which I mentioned above.

Coming to your next doubt about the best coaching classes for IAS preparation.

it is tough to say this because you have not mentioned the details about your living place. but generally I can say you one thing that all the metropolitan cities are providing best coaching for this exam.

Complete your whole preparation for the first attempt. Make a confident try. if luck also is with you then you can make into the prestigious job in the first attempt , if this doesn't happen don't loose your heart. Civil service exam is worth for another try.

all the best for your preparation friend
anytime you get any doubt don't foget this forum will surely help you .

regards

GOOD LUCK
28th September 2011, 04:30 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

of course, my dear elder brother,
for IAS you just have to complete your graduation from a recognized university whatever may be the stream or mode , its does not matter.
the age limit for this exam is 21-30. there are 5 &3 years relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidate.
28th September 2011, 05:09 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

of course, my friend you can appear for this exam you just have to complete your graduation in any stream, whatever may be the mode of learning.
the age limit for this exam 21-30. there are 5 years relaxation for SC\ST candidates.
t is tough to say this because you have not mentioned the details about your living place. but generally I can say you one thing that all the metropolitan cities are providing best coaching for this exam.

28th September 2011, 05:37 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Divyakant,
If the university, from which you have pursued your BA, is recognized by central or state government, you are eligible to appear for civil service exam. It really doesn't matter if you have done your BA through regular classes or through distance learning mode, if you have qualified the final year exam, you are eligible to apply for the exam.
Apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.
1st October 2011, 01:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for IAS exam but your graduation university must be recognized.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in one time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
20th October 2011, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

sir i have clear my 2 with subject eng.,chemistry ,physics,physical education or home science and now i m doin my graduation by distance education by PTU can i eligible for IAS or IPS exams
30th June 2012, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

SAINEE;HELLO SIR I AM A BANK CLERK WITH 42% DISABILITY NOW DOING MY GRADUATION THROUGH CORRESPONDENCE AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IAS EXAM ?
23rd June 2013, 02:02 PM
Ankur.Sunny

IAS • Indian Administrative Services

YES, for IAS Exam a person is eligible after completing Graduation Course through correspondence. Graduate holder can apply fro IAS whether completing graduation in Regular or Correspondence.

• IAS Exam is basically a Civil Service Exam offered by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recruit aspirants in various civil services as IAS/IPS/IFS.

• To join IAS, you have to appear in this exam conducted once in a year.

♦ General Attempts for this exam :

• 4 for General Category.

• 7 for OBC Category.

• No limit for SC/ST Category.

>> Civil Service Exam has 3 stages :

• Preliminary Exam

• Main Exam

• Personal Interview

> You can apply for Civil Service Exam Online with the help of this weblink : www.upsconline.nic.in

♦ Structure of Civil service Preliminary Exam :

♦ Eligibility Requirements :

>> You can also appear in this exam while in final year of graduation course.

>> You will be eligible for Main Exam only after passing Preliminary Exam.

>> There is no restriction on minimum percentage of marks in Graduation.

>> Your Age should be between 21 to 33 years for General category( 21 to 35 for OBC, 21 to 35 for SC/ST).

>> Only Indian Citizen can appear in this Exam.

> For more information regarding IAS Exam please visit UPSC official website :www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?