15th October 2011, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS being a candidate of going to finish B.Tech in Computer Science in next year? How to apply for this Exam?

Hello,
I m presently doing my B.E in computer science. I ll get degree in the year of 2012. may i knw is it possible for me to apply for I A S now? If so how to apply for that? which website gives information regarding about all I.A.S matters? plz do inform ..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for the inspire scholarship after joining B.Tech first year computer science course?
  2. Eligibility for IAS exam after having supplementary in graduation? Procedure to fill IAS application forms?
  3. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  5. Am I eligible for UPSC IAS 2016?
  6. Whether a B.Tech candidate is eligible to apply for IAS? Is there any different criteria for normal degree students and B.Tech students?
  7. Can I apply for IAS exam being a B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student?
  8. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Computer Science if having 2 years of work experience being a 10th passed candidate?
  10. Can I study M.Tech after M.Sc(IT) if planning to do M.Sc(CS) after completing B.Sc(IT)?
  11. Can I apply for IAS examination after diploma ? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. B.Tech 3rd year students can take admission in CDAC for 2016 session?
  13. Can I apply for SBI PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BCA? When will I be able to apply for this Exam?
  14. How to pursue MCA after scoring 53% in degree
  15. How to do Ph.D in computer science while in MCA final year?
  16. Being a History Honours candidate I am eligible to apply for IAS exam?
  17. How and for which scholarships can I apply after passing B.Tech 3rd year computer science?
  18. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
16th October 2011, 03:40 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS being a candidate of going to finish B.Tech in Computer Science in next year? How to apply for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I m presently doing my B.E in computer science. I ll get degree in the year of 2012. may i knw is it possible for me to apply for I A S now? If so how to apply for that? which website gives information regarding about all I.A.S matters? plz do inform ..
If you will get Your degree in 2012, Then it means you are final year Graduate candidates, So you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

So, If your aim is to become IAS Officer, then please apply for the UPSC Civil services examination next year.

To apply for This examination you need to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University, Final year graduate Candidates are also eligible to apply for This examination.

So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The Notification of This examination was Going to be declared soon in the official website or in the employment Newspaper in the Month of February every year.

For next year UPSC Civil services examination Notification was Going to be declared soon in the official website on 04/Feb/2012.

The last date of apply for this examination was 05/March/2012.

The Preliminary examination was Going to be held on 20/May/2012.

>> If you are Interested to become IAS Officer, then please cracked the Preliminary examination, This examination was Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and Duration, If you cracked the Preliminary examination, then you are eligible for Main examination.

Eligible candidates Fill the application form, Online OR Offline.

The Offline application form can be Obtained directly form the Post offices in India, But its better to apply for this examination Online by visit the UPSC website, So please do not worry, just wait for the Notification and then apply for This examination Online and for More detail please check official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
16th October 2011, 05:01 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS being a candidate of going to finish B.Tech in Computer Science in next year? How to apply for this Exam?

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam

1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
16th October 2011, 05:10 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
as you are graduating next year you are now in final year. Aspirant in the final year of their degree programme are also eligible for applying for the exam.
The age limit within which you are eligible is 30 for the general candidates.
You can apply for the exam either online or offline. You can register for the exam in the official website. Offline applications are availalable in the post offices.
16th October 2011, 05:18 PM
tejesh_09

Definitely You can apply for IAS exam on 2012 if you are going to complete your B. Tech degree in Computer Science next year i.e. 2012.

To apply for IAS exam one has a graduation degree in any discipline of education. Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases.

UPSC Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2012
Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 19.2.2011 - 21/03/2011
Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12th June , 2011 (One day)
16th October 2011, 07:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

Yes , After completion of your B-TECH degree you are eligible for IAS exam

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Optional subjects for IAS main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

EXAM DATE:-

Civil Services Preliminary Exam, 2012

Date of notification: 04-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 05-03-2012

Date of Exam: 20-05-2012

Civil Services Main Exam, 2012

Date of Commencement of Exam: 05-10-2012
16th October 2011, 08:42 PM
jeo-rocks

yes You can apply for IAS exam on 2012 if you are going to complete your B. Tech degree in Computer Science next year i.e. 2012.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

-Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories .

- Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs )

thanks
5th January 2012, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,

I'm doing B Sc computer science program. Can I appear for IAS exam in my final year?

Thanks
Pranav
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?