25th October 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear for SCRA exam after passing 12th from UPSC?

My son is appearing 12th board in 2012 (session 2011-2012), can he appear in SCRA examination conducted by U.P.S.C. please tell me in detail.

26th October 2011, 01:01 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for SCRA exam after passing 12th from UPSC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is appearing 12th board in 2012 (session 2011-2012), can he appear in SCRA examination conducted by U.P.S.C. please tell me in detail.
Information Regarding SCRA Examination.

Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in behalf of the ministry of Indian Railway for the selection of the candidates in the mechanical department of the Indian Railway. To appear in the SCRA examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Pass 12th class with Physics, chemistry and Mathematics as the main subject. The 12th board exam appearing student are also eligible to apply for the SCRA Examination. The details educational qualification for the SCRA-2012 examination is given in the notification which is attached below.

Age Limit = According to SCRA examination eligibility criteria the age must be between 17 to 21 year at the time of appearing of this examination.

I have attached the SCRA-2012 notification with this message in which you will get all information about SCRA exam. Please see the below attached file and download it.

If your son is appearing 12th board exam in 2012 then they can appear in the SCRA-2012 examination. please see the below attached notification for SCRA examination.

For any more information about the SCRA examination please visit the official website of the UPSC. :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~

Notification for SCRA exam :-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scra2012_eng.pdf(82.1 KB, 80 views)
27th October 2011, 09:24 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for SCRA exam after passing 12th from UPSC?

Dear pal,
scra exam is conducted by the upsc. The eligibility required for the exam are
1. The aspirant need to be indian national
2. The lower limit for the exam is 17
3. The upper limit for the exam is 21 for the general category and is relaxable to 5 years for sc and st, ex servicemen aspirants
3 years relaxation for obc candidate
4. The minimum qualification is
pass in the 10+2 education
graduates with degree in mathematics , physics or chemistry can also apply
the aspirant can apply in the official website www. Upsconline.nic.in
issue has already stared and the last date is 21st of november and the exam is to be held on 29 of january next year
24th April 2012, 10:55 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

S.C.R.A. exam means Special Class Railway Apprentice examination .
S.C.R.A. exam is conducted by Union Public Services Commission(U.P.S.C) to recruit candidates in mechanical department of Indian railways.
To apply in S.C.R.A. exam you must have completed +2 with science stream, math as compulsory subject & at least subject from physics & chemistry.

ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:-

Educational Qualification:-
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE PASSED INTERMEDIATE EXAM WITH FIRST/SECOND CLASS FROM RECOGNIZED BOARD.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE STUDIED MATHEMATICS & AT LEAST ONE SUBJECT FORM PHYSICS/CHEMISTRY IN INTERMEDIATE LEVEL.

Age limit
MINIMUM AGE IS 17 YEARS TO APPEAR IN THE EXAM.
CANDIDATE MUST NOT ATTAIN THE AGE OF 21 YEARS.
UPPER AGE LIMIT IS RELAXED FOR SC/ST , OBC CANDIDATES.
FOR SC/ST- 5 YEARS & FOR OBC- 3 YEARS RELAXED UPPER AGE LIMIT.

CANDIDATE MUST BE PHYSICALLY FIT.

Citizenship:-
CANDIDATE MUST BE INDIAN CITIZEN.
21st May 2012, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I had appeared for 12th this year. But earlier i didn't knew about scra. But now i want to appear for scra entrance in 2013. How shall i get the application form. Please suggest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?