27th October 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BITS Pilani entrance test after scoring 78%

sir i got only 78% in boards. Am i eligible for bits pilani entrance test?

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for the entrance test of BITS Pilani?
  2. Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after doing correspondence in BS engineering and technology from BITS Pilani
  3. Eligibility for BITS Pilani entrance exam after scoring 79% in 12th from RBSE board? -- [New]
  4. Details regarding seat availability and admission criteria for pursuing ME (embedded system) from BITS Pilani?
  5. Minimum marks required in BITS Pilani entrance test?
  6. Procedure for getting into M.Pharm course in BITS Pilani? Any alternative entrance test to GPAT? Fee structure for the exam?
  7. Can I get entry into BITS Pilani based on GPAT rank?
  8. Date of the entrance test of BITS Pilani?
  9. How to do MS in BITS Pilani?
  10. Can I get admission in Dual Degree program in BITS Pilani campus after scoring 283 marks in BITSAT?
  11. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  12. How to join MS in BITS Pilani?
  13. Is there any separate entrance test to get admission in M.Tech in BITS Pilani?
  14. Is MS from Bits Pilani is equivalent to post graduation course?
  15. Admission in BITS Pilani Goa or Hyderabad after scoring 283 in Engineering Admission Test?
  16. How to do M.Tech degree form BITS Pilani? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. What steps to take for admission in BITS, Pilani? How to prepare for the entrance test? Way to get scholarship or financial aid or any other benefits?
  18. Which institutions are better, BITS Pilani or IIT Hyderabad? Which one to choose between Chemical, Civil and BITS Pilani?
29th October 2011, 01:12 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BITS Pilani entrance test after scoring 78%

BITSAT Eligibility Criteria

Dear Friend

To be eligible for BITS admission test one should have scored at least 80% marks in

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th, taking all these three subjects together.

Also, one should have at least 60% marks in each of these three subjects.

There is possibility that aggregate board marks is 78% but aggregate in

Physics, chemistry and Mathematics is 80%.

You should check with your marks in these three subjects.

If your aggregate in these three subjects is 80% or above then you are eligible

for the test otherwise not.
29th October 2011, 04:05 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,

For BITS the candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and should have adequate proficiency in English.

if you full fill the above rules then you are eligible for bits entrance exam otherwise not.

good luck!
29th October 2011, 12:19 PM
kartikrana

Quote:
no u have to get 80 percent minimum
29th October 2011, 01:33 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for BITS Pilani entrance test after scoring 78%

Quote:

Eligibility For BITSAT

The entrance exam conducted by BITS for admissions to undergraduate courses in BITS is known as BITSAT

By clearing this exam..you can take admission in the 3 branches of BITS namely :-

BITS Pilani,Rajasthan
BITS,Goa
BITS,Hyderabad

In order to appear for the BITSAT..you should have a minimum of 80% aggregate in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 12th Boards..

Since,your score is 78% hence you are not eligible for appearing in the BITSAT..

Even if you manage to sit in the exam by saying that you are expecting your result then also they might reject you at the time of counselling..

So,i am really sorry..but you can try for various other engineering entrance exams like :-

IIT-JEE
AIEEE
KIITEE
VITEE

and many more..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
29th October 2011, 03:21 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria for entrance exam of BITS Pilani is that you must clear 10+2 from a recognized Central or State board with PCM. You should have obtained atleast 80% marks in PCM with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics each. Also you must have proper aptitude in English for applying for the test.

All the best.
29th October 2011, 06:10 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
If you are interested in THIS EXAMINATION then you must fulfill these criteria :

Eligibility criteria :

>>You should have passed your 10+2 examination from a recognized board.

>>You must have Physics,Chemistry and math in your 10+2 examination.

>>You should have minimum 80% marks in your 12th standard examination.

>>You should have minimum 80% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Math.

So,
My dear friend,
you can easily understand that you are not eligible for this.
17th November 2011, 11:03 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Dear Friend

To be eligible for BITS admission test one should have scored at least 80% marks in

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th, taking all these three subjects together.

Also, one should have at least 60% marks in each of these three subjects.
3rd December 2011, 12:30 PM
tariqlko01

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for BITS Pilani entrance test after scoring 78%

My friend, for being eligible to write the BITSAT ,you must have an aggregate of 80% in PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY and MATHEMATICSand you must have atleast 60%in each of these subjects.So check out your marks in each of these subjects and good luck .If you are eligible ,then try hard for cracking the entrance test as its one of the best in INDIA.GOOD LUCK.
7th January 2012, 09:53 AM
sylishneha

Is it necessary to hold a BITS BTech degree to go for MTech in BITS?
Programme wise eligibility criteria:
Normal Input:
M.E. Biotechnology – Any integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with adequate preparation in Bio-chemistry and Microbiology.
M.E. Chemical; Civil; Computer Science; Mechanical – Integrated first degree of BITS in the respective discipline or its equivalent.
M.E. Communication Engineering, Electrical with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation or its equivalent.
M.E. Design Engineering; Manufacturing Systems Engineering – Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its equivalent or M.Sc.(Tech.) Engineering Technology of BITS or its equivalent with the requirement of taking certain additional courses.
M.E. Embedded Systems – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science or its equivalent.
M.E. Microelectronics – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent.
M.E. Software Systems – Any Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with specific prior preparation.
For Ex: Students with a B.E./B.Tech degree in IT area will be eligible only to apply for M.E. Software Systems and also may need some specific prior preparation.
M.Pharm; M.Pharm (with specialization in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Chemistry) – Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its equivalent.
MBA – Any integrated first degree of BITS or B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering disciplines from any other recognized University
MPH – Any Integrated First Degree of BITS or its equivalent, M.B.B.S., B.D.S., M.Sc. (Nursing), or their equivalent.
4th May 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

I GOT 918 MARKS IN 12TH STANADARD IN 2011, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO WRITE IMPROVEMENT FOR PHYSICS IN 12TH STANDARD 2011, WHETHER AM I ELIGIBLE TO WRITE ENTRANCE EXAM WITH THE IMPROVED MARKS
4th May 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

is the person with the improvement in 12 standard physics is eligible to take BITS pilani entrance exam after getting 91 percentage of pass marks in first attempt in 12 standard 2011?
10th May 2012, 11:06 PM
ab7777

If you have passed out of 10+2 last year, you will have to write to the admission office of BITS pilani explaining the reason for taking a drop and in that case they will consider your request on on the basis of your reason they may decide to let you write BITSAT 2012.
All the best
20th May 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 238 marks in BITS 2012 test, what is chances of getting seats in any of BITS campus
1st June 2012, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

sir i score 293 in bitsat can i get any branch in pilani campus
16th May 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

from where I can get crash course for admission test for BITS pilani-2013
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?