31st October 2011, 10:24 PM
deajantade

Is the B.Tech degree offered by KSOU approved under all government norms?

Is the b-tech degree offered from ksou is approved by UGC,AICTE AND DEC approved? If they do approve can not the degree obtained will be accepted by govt or private organisations?

Related Questions:
24th February 2012, 10:45 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the B.Tech degree offered by KSOU approved under all government norms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deajantade View Post
Is the b-tech degree offered from ksou is approved by UGC,AICTE AND DEC approved? If they do approve can not the degree obtained will be accepted by govt or private organisations?
A degree or diploma in technical courses are acceptable if it is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education. However, the recognition is not mandatory for certain technical jobs in the public sector but most of the Public Sector Units as well as private organizations only accepts AICTE recognized certificates.
The recognition also becomes mandatory if a candidate is willing to go for higher studies from a recognized university.

Now, as far as Karnataka State Open University is concerned, it is not approved by All India Council for Technical Education and it do not offers B.Tech program in any discipline. In fact, technical programs, except MCA and MBA, offered through correspondence, by any university, are not recognized by the council.

The Karnataka State Open University is recognized by the Distance Education Council and University Grant Commission.
31st January 2014, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Is the B.Tech degree offered by KSOU approved under all government norms?

[ the b-tech degree offered from ksou is approved by UGC,AICTE AND DEC approved? If they do approve can not the degree obtained will be accepted by govt or private organisations?
13th May 2014, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir i complite my diploma in magdha univeristy.. n i completed b. tech in karnataka open university.. this is valid for govt job in karnataka
Plz tell me????
7th June 2015, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
A degree or diploma in technical courses are acceptable if it is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education. However, the recognition is not mandatory for certain technical jobs in the public sector but most of the Public Sector Units as well as private organizations only accepts AICTE recognized certificates.
The recognition also becomes mandatory if a candidate is willing to go for higher studies from a recognized university.

Now, as far as Karnataka State Open University is concerned, it is not approved by All India Council for Technical Education and it do not offers B.Tech program in any discipline. In fact, technical programs, except MCA and MBA, offered through correspondence, by any university, are not recognized by the council.

The Karnataka State Open University is recognized by the Distance Education Council and University Grant Commission.
My husband has completed btech course from ksou..and here you tell such a course is not there
28th September 2018, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

I am junior engineer working in state government as JE. I wanted to B.Tech in Civil engineering. Is it approved ? Can I State government recognized. Sir.. My cell phone 9916613961
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?