5th November 2011, 03:54 PM
arjun kulkarni

Is there any chance for me to become ACP being a senior year B.Sc student?

i am s.y.BSc student.Is there any chance to become ACP?

5th November 2011, 05:46 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is there any chance for me to become ACP being a senior year B.Sc student?

Hello,
There is NO direct entry for ACP..you will have to join police service, either as inspector or SI(Supretendant Inspector).The exam is conducted for SI probably in the month of August.
After joining as SI you will be promoted to the higher level on the basis of your performance.
Ok, best of luck.
5th November 2011, 07:03 PM
tejesh_09

Default Re: Is there any chance for me to become ACP being a senior year B.Sc student?

ACP stands for ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, to became ACP you have to appear for Civil Services Exam after completion of graduation,conducted by UPSC every year and after getting through selection process you have to opt for IPS- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE.

Age Limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.

Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
5th November 2011, 07:03 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria for ACP:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

Age Limits :

(a) Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:

(i) upto a maximum of five years for a SC/ST candidate.

(ii) upto a maximum of three years for OBC

(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during a particular period
Personal Attributes :

The aspiring candidates are expected to have keen interest in the General Studies and are supposed to have a good amount of interest in current affairs. Regular and detailed reading of a good national newspaper, a standard competition magazine and a basic book on general knowledge is the essential pre-requisite. Another important point is efficient time planning.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

1:Height-

Minimum height for the Male 165 cm &
for ST 160 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

Minimum height for the Female 150 cm &
for ST 145 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

2:Chest-

for male minimum 84 cm. expansion 5 cm.
for female minimum 79 cm. expansion 5 cm.

3:Eye Sight-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision.
J1 for near vision

Also see the attachment I think your doubt will be clear.

Best of luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ACP.pdf(1.99 MB, 521 views)
21st August 2014, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

sir i am completed mechanical engg. degree pls tell me now what i m doing for acp post
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?