7th November 2011, 11:10 PM
anu kaimal

Procedure to pursue Ph.D from Indian or US University?

I have done my BA in Political Science from mumbai university ....i m currently doin my MMS course and in future i wish to pursue a PHD from an Indian or US University pls suggest the procedure for the above

7th January 2012, 09:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to pursue Ph.D from Indian or US University?

In India several institutions offer the Ph.D programme and the minimum required eligibility is a MPhil Degree in relevant subject with 55% aggregate marks or Master's degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized Institute. Candidates have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the institution followed by a seminar for the successful candidates. On the basis of the performance in the seminar conducted by the institution candidates are shortlisted and get admission for the Ph.D programme in the relevant subject.

For Ph.D. in USA Master's Degree is an essential pre-requisite for pursuing the Ph.D. programme. Good scores in common entrance tests such as GRE and English Language examinations like Test of English as a Foreign Language-TOEFL is very essential. It generally takes 3 to 7 years to complete a Ph.D. in USA, depending upon the nature and complexity of the subject chosen. You will be awarded a Ph.D. degree on completion of theoretical and practical classes and by passing a comprehensive examination conducted by the institution and submitting a detailed thesis of your research work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?