4th April 2014, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?

What is the prerequisite to do PhD in IIT after PG in Computer science?
Whether IIT offer part time PhD.
What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT or other Universities(reputed)
Is it feasible to do PhD in foreign university from India.
How frequent the call for PhD in IIT or universities occur and tendatively when the application will be given

5th October 2016, 10:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?

For admission in IIT for your Ph.D programme, you need to have an excellent academic and professional qualification. They usually have a tough screening procedure and only excellent candidates get admission. Just make sure you have qualified exams like NET/SET/GATE/JRF along with basic qualification.

Performance in the interview stage will be crucial for selection. They don't offer part time Ph.D and you have to go for regular option only. There are limited seats available only at IITs for Ph.D programme. You have to perform well in the interview stage to get selected.
9th April 2018, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Prerequisite to do PhD in IIT? Whether IIT offer part time PhD? What about candidate self employed and want to pursue PhD in IIT?

I am a school teacher of kolkata area.I want to join part time PhD in Chemistry in Inorganic Chemistry.Please tell me the name of the institutions where part time research is allowed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?