16th October 2010, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?

i'm a b.tech biotechnology student in my 3rd year.i would like to appear for GATE exam.should i have to choose maths as a compulsory subject?

18th April 2011, 12:56 PM
amrapaliub

Default Re: Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?

Hello Friend,
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.

Here you have to select one paper as per the institute you are seeking to get admission.
You choose such subject that you know thoroughly,so that you score more.
If you are biotechnologist,then choose one that suits your profile.
If you have interest in math & can score high along it,you can prefer it
Thank you
18th April 2011, 02:41 PM
krupadesai

Default Re: Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm a b.tech biotechnology student in my 3rd year.i would like to appear for GATE exam.should i have to choose maths as a compulsory subject?
No, its not necessary to select maths as compulsory subject in B.Tech.

You can opt for GATE BT subject in the exam.

This year the exam was already conducted in the month of february.

But, you can give it next year.

For more details of the exam, kindly stay updated with the official website for the same.gate.iitg.ernet.in
18th April 2011, 06:38 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, maths is default in GATE exam you have to write it carries around 15 % of paper.
18th April 2011, 08:15 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No,its not necessary for you to choose maths as a compulsory subject.As you are a b.tech biotech student so you can appear for the GATE exam after completion of your b.tech.
The eligibility criteria for the GATE exam is as under-

1. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
4. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
11th May 2011, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects offered in b.c.a,i had scored 37 in written & 5 marks in practicals by puc board exam?
31st May 2011, 08:47 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

No,its not necessary for you to choose maths as a compulsory subject.As you are a b.tech biotech student so you can appear for the GATE exam after completion of your b.tech.
31st May 2011, 10:51 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

1. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
4. Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
23rd June 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

IS MATHS COMPALSARY IN C.S.?
30th October 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO DO INSTRUMENTATION ENGG. .DO I HAVE TO GIVE MATHS PAPER?
30th October 2011, 08:59 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is a national level aptitude exam for engineers. The exam consists of a single paper for a duration of 3 years.
The paper is of objective type and there is negative marks for wrong answers. Mathematics is compulsory for all the engineering branches
the syllabus for instrumentation is
MATHEMATICS
linear algebra
calculus
differential equation
complex variable
probability and statistics.
Numerical methods and transform theory
INSTRUMENTATION SYLLABUS
basic circuit and measurements
transducer
analog electronics
digital electronics
signal system and communication
electrical measurement
control system
analytical , optical instruments.
Mathematics is the basic subject for engineering so you need to prepare for the subject to appear in the exam. All the best
8th November 2011, 10:27 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Do I have to select Maths as a compulsory subject to appear for GATE?

GATE : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the entrance exam that is conducted by the IIT's and IIM's to select sharp minds from across the country for the Master's programs.

Now GATE has got certain eligibility criteria :

1. You have to be a B.E, B Tech, or Architecture student.
2. You can only apply if you have a graduation degree, or you are in the final year appearing.
3. So you can consider the lower age limit to be minimum 21 years.
4. There are no limits to the no. of attempts you take.

So, It's not necessary for you to have Maths as a compulsory subjects, as its nowhere mentioned in the criteria list.

You just have to take up BT stream for the GATE exam.

For any other information you can visit the official GATE 2012 link :-

http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

All the best.

Regards
RJ
15th November 2011, 04:28 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

GATE : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the entrance exam that is conducted by the IIT's and IIM's to select sharp minds from across the country for the Master's programs.

2. You can only apply if you have a graduation degree, or you are in the final year appearing.

So, It's not necessary for you to have Maths as a compulsory subjects, as its nowhere mentioned in the criteria list.
15th November 2011, 04:40 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

28th September 2012, 03:48 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Qualifications required in order to be eligible for GATE Exam are :

* You must have completed your B.Tech/B.E./B.Arch from any recognized college/university.

* Final year Candidates can also apply for the same.

* You do not have any pending backlogs.

* Your minimum age should be 21 years.

So , on the basis of the above mentioned , its not indicated any where that MAThs is a compulsory subject for any one who want to appear in GATE Examination.

So , Maths is not a compulsory subject for GATE Examination.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?