18th November 2011, 12:56 PM
amit.kurmanchali

Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

i am graduate in art stream. am i able to sit in cds army exam?

18th November 2011, 03:09 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Dear Friend

There are four wings of Combined Defence Services.
1. Indian Military Academy
2. Indian Naval Academy
3. Indian Air Force
4. Officers Training Academy

As you are a graduate of Arts stream so you can apply for Indian Military Academy and
Officers Training Academy

There is no percentage restriction.

The age limit for Millitary wing is 19-24 years.

The advertisement for next CDS exam has been published already.
The last date to apply for the same is, 28th Nov 2011.

Visit: http://upsc.gov.in/
18th November 2011, 04:50 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Of course, sir,
you can appear in this UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION], examination, through which one can apply in all branches of the Indian army, i.e. Naval , air force & in Military branch.
But , you can not apply for the Naval & air force wing, because, they need the graduation degree in Engineering or in equivalents .
You can apply only for the Military branch.

The age limit for this examination , for taking admission is IMA [INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY], is 19-25 years,.
There is not any kind of age relaxations are applicable for the any reserved category.

Also, you must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.

There are almost 250 vacancies are available in the IMA.
18th November 2011, 04:51 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course, sir,
you can appear in this UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION], examination, through which one can apply in all branches of the Indian army, i.e. Naval , air force & in Military branch.
But , you can not apply for the Naval & air force wing, because, they need the graduation degree in Engineering or in equivalents .
You can apply only for the Military branch.

The age limit for this examination , for taking admission is IMA [INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY], is 19-25 years,.
There is not any kind of age relaxations are applicable for the any reserved category.

Also, you must have Indian nationality with marital status unmarried.

There are almost 250 vacancies are available in the IMA.
18th November 2011, 05:52 PM
tejesh_09

CDS stands for COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC every year which has four wing:-

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Air Force

Officer's Training Academy

As a graduates from Arts stream you can apply for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS and should be in the age group of 19 to 24 years of age.

For further information you may visit official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
18th November 2011, 09:29 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.kurmanchali View Post

Eligibility For CDS Exams

The CDS (Combined Defence Services) are conducted every year in the months of February and August..

The next CDS exam is going to be conducted on 12th February,2012..

The forms for the exam are already available and the last date for form submission is 28th November,2011

In order to appear for the CDS exam..you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria

1) You should have completed your graduation in any stream from a recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of

19-22 years : For Naval Academy
19-23 years : For Air Force Academy
19-24 years : For Indian Military Academy
19-25 years : Officer's Training Academy

So, yes you are definitely eligible for appearing in the CDS exam provided that you satisfy the age limit..

The written exam shall be of 300 marks and will test you on the following areas :
General Knowledge
English
Basic Maths

Each section will carry equal marks..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
18th November 2011, 11:00 PM
brijesh2970

Dear friend, for joining IMA(indian military academy),IAF(air force) &NAVY of CDS the student have done his/her graduation in physics,maths, computer science or engineering. Graduation in arts candidate are not eligible for these services.
But do'nt worry you are eligible for OTA(officers training academy) service of cds that is only for graduation in art students. For more detail visit upsc official website..................thank you & best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18th November 2011, 11:25 PM
Teja91

Hey.. thanks for that info..
I have a prob here.. i`m in my final year and i`ll be completi my engg by may. The prob is.. i dont have 60% (min aggregate for officers). I`m having around 55.. even if i do good this yr.. ill could make it to max 57 or 58.. but can`t reach 60..
Am i eligible being an officer??
19th November 2011, 09:31 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have completed your graduation in ARTS stream then you can apply for CDS exam..

CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in every year.

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

Indian military academy:-

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

*Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

So, my friend you are eligible for CDS exam.

All the best.
11th January 2012, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR/MAM. I have a question. I am studying B.A.LL.B(Hons.)-II Year. So when i'll complete my three years of my professional degree(which is of 5 years), then can i sit in Cds test through my provisional degree which H.P.University will grany me. Pls tell me.
30th January 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to sit in cds army exam being a HS in art steam?
13th February 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

i am work in indian army.i am 12th scince pass with biology. in 12th i have50%. i want be a army officer. how can i join the IMA?????
25th February 2012, 10:09 AM
michael_scofield

the minimum qualification is class 10+2 pass to join in airforce.if you want to give NDA exam which is conducted by UPSC.you should be an indian and you should be a science student with physics and mathematics.
your age should be between 16.5 and 19.
but i suggest you to join in airforce after passing graduate then you have more probability to be pilot.
25th February 2012, 10:10 AM
michael_scofield

If your interested to join in air force then you should apply for NDA or CDS examination .

NDA ie : National Defence Academy . This NDA examination is conducted by UPSC .

>>> you should be citizen of india .

>>> you should be unmarried and male candidates only eligible for NDA examination .

>>> For this examination you should qualifed for 12th in science stream the subjects like Mathematics , science , from recognized university .

>>> your should be 16.5 to 19 years , for NDA examination age relaxation is not given for any candidate like SC/ST or OBC candidates .

>>> you should be pahysically fit for the training academy .

CDS ie : combined defence service , this examination is also conducted by UPSC .

>>> you should be citizen for india

>>> you should be unmarried and male candidate only eligible for CDS examination .

>>> For this examination you should qualified for bachelor degree in science stream like , BCA , Bsc , or bachelor of engineering from recognized university university .

>>> your age should be 19 years to 23 years .

>>> your should be physically ft for training academy .

Note : percentage of marks marks is not necessary for NDA as well as CDS examination . and also relaxation is not given for sc/st candidates or other backward candidate .

For more information please visit UPSC official web site ....
4th March 2012, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am complete the diploma in mechanical engineering and I want join the indian army. Please give me reply yes or no?
24th March 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello,Sir
I have done my graduation and I want to join in Indian military Academy or want to sit in CDS exam.But my hight is only 5 feet.Am I eligible to entered your service?
3rd July 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
m in 12th standard n want to join army aftr graduation n hv cmmrce as core subject. Can i sit in CDS exams??
11th July 2012, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

hello sir
i m doing my ba physical education 3rd year i m elgbl for cds paper
22nd November 2012, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

How can I got the forms of IMA. HOW TO APPLY FOR THE IMA
7th January 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

i m commerse student i can aaply for IMA
7th January 2013, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes Arts Graduate can apply for CDS examination .

You have to be between 19 to 25 years of age if you want to apply for CDS examination.

The age limit for IMA is 19 to 24 years.

For OTA it is 19 to 25 years.

You will be only eligible for Indian Army because you are a non technical Graduate.

You can apply when the notification are out and your age is according to the notification.

The online application is available on website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

The CDS examination will be having following stages:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview

-Medical Examination

If you are high on merit then you will be selected above others.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th January 2013, 07:52 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Eligibility for CDS exam:-

Indian military academy:-

*Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

*Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

So, my friend you are eligible for CDS exam.
7th January 2013, 09:47 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
have a bright future with CDS exam

You have to be between 19 to 25 years of age if you want to apply for CDS examination.

The age limit for IMA is 19 to 24 years.

For OTA it is 19 to 25 years.

You will be only eligible for Indian Army because you are a non technical Graduate.

You can apply when the notification are out and your age is according to the notification.

The online application is available on website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

The CDS examination will be having following stages:

-Objective Type Paper

-SSB Interview
all the best
7th January 2013, 10:08 PM
ipkay93

Hello dear aspirant , as you are a arts graduate hence you are eligible to apply for the CDS examination, and as there is no percentage barrier you just have to consider your age .
The age bar for IMA is below 24 years.

The notification regarding CDS 2013 is not out yet.

For more details and updated notifications please visit http://wwwjoinindianarmy.nic.in
8th January 2013, 02:16 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes Definitely you are eligible For CDS exam. But you can aplly only for IMA Indian Military Academic and OTA Officer Training Academy

CDS stands for Combined defense services. this exam is conduct by UPSC twice in a year.

Eligibility Criteria For CDS is

candidate should be completed graduation
candidate who are appearing final year exam are also eligible

Age limit
Indian Military Academic 19 to 24
For Officer Training Academy 19 to 25
For Naval 19 to 22
Indian air force 19 to 23
best of luck
12th January 2013, 12:44 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Hello Dear,

Yes Definitely you are eligible For CDS exam. But you can aplly only for IMA Indian Military Academic and OTA Officer Training Academy

CDS stands for Combined defense services. this exam is conduct by UPSC twice in a year.

Age limit
For Naval 19 to 22
best of luck
13th January 2013, 10:34 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

HI Friends............

YES you are eligible to sit in CDS Army exam being a Graduate

ALL THE BEST.............
14th January 2013, 12:59 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Hello Dear,

Age limit
For Naval 19 to 22
best of luck

YOUR REGARDS
14th January 2013, 11:22 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Yes, You are eligible to sit in CDS Army exam being a Graduate in Arts stream.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring for Indian Army(IMA) of CDS, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck
16th January 2013, 01:20 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Red face Re: Am I eligible to sit in CDS Army Exam being a Graduate in Art stream?

Quote:
Hello Dear,

Yes definitely you are eligible for CDS exam as being a art stream candidate.
But being art stream student you are eligible only for IMA and OTA.

candidate should be completed graduation from recognized university
Age limit
For Naval 19 to 22

candidate should be Indian
for more detail www.upsc.gov.in
best of luck
19th June 2013, 10:40 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since you have done Graduation in Arts stream therefore you are eligible to apply for the Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

Union Public Service Commission conducts the Combined Defence Services Examination twice every year. It is conducted in the months of February and August respectively.

By giving CDS Examination you can enter the following wings:-
  1. Indian Military Academy
  2. Indian Naval Academy
  3. Air Force Academy
  4. Officer's Training Academy

You need a degree from a recognized university to enter the Indian Military Academy. Age should be between 19-24 years.

You need a B.Sc. degree with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering degree to enter the Indian Naval Academy. Age should be between 19-22 years.

You need to have a B.Sc degree with Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech degree of four years' duration to enter the Air Force Academy. Age should be between 19-23 years.

You need to possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university to enter the Officer's Training Academy. Age should be between 19-25 years.

Exam Pattern:-

For Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:-
  • English (Objective type)- 100 marks
  • General Knowledge (Objective type)- 100 marks
  • Elementary Mathematics (Objective type)- 100 marks

For Officers’ Training Academy:-
  • English (Objective type)- 100 marks
  • General Knowledge (Objective type)- 100 marks

List of CDS Exam Books To Follow:-

## CDS Combined Defence Services Exam Includes 2012 Solved Papers Study Guide
by GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications

## CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam (Paperback)
by Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

## CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers (Paperback)
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publications

## Combined Defence Services (Paperback)
by P. Singh
Publisher: Unique Publisher

Hope this helps :-> :->
6th August 2014, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing ba.llb 5year course and now i am in 2nd year.can i apply for cdse 2014 as the university will provide BA Degree.plz help me.
22nd April 2017, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Sir, If I Get selected after completing All procedures of CDS and SSB in the year, 2018, Will my training start in 2019 January in IMA
Can I become a Commando? Go for operation.
Sir, Do best cadet goes to only height persons(I'm 170 cm) ?
Sir please help me with this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?