29th November 2011, 08:15 AM
love the way

Can I pursue Ph.D course in English without leaving my Job as Lecturer in Engineering College?

I Have M.A. english with 58 % marks, I also did M.phil from Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mullana through Distance mode, I want to persue Ph.D in English but the problem is that I am working as lecturer in Engineering college and i cant afford to lose my job.. For ph.D a candidate has to attend six month course work ,,, if i attend course work i cant get six month leave from job.. Is it possible to keep job as well and work for ph.D too.. Can you help please??

Related Questions:
  1. What should I go for first between Ph.D and Lectureship? Name some institutes for pursing Ph.D with lecturer job.
  2. Worthy universities to do PhD in English?
  3. Ph.D in English through correspondence after masters in English? Can I do both Job and Ph.D in English? -- [New]
  4. From which universities can I do Ph.D in English?
  5. Marks required to pursue PhD? Can someone be Lecturer in government college after PhD? Age limit for it?
  6. How to pursue a career as English Lecturer after doing M.A in English
  7. Availability of lecturer job after M.A in english and M.Ed?
  8. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  9. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  10. Whether ME degree is necessary for Lecturer job in government engineering college?
  11. Am i eligible for Lecturer job in government colleges after completion of my BA, B.Ed and MA in English? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Universities offering PhD in English to Pre-University Teacher in Karnataka?
  13. After MA what is the eligibility to do PhD? Age limit for Lecturer job in government school?
  14. How can I get admission to study Distance PhD in English course being a Lecturer after completing M.Phil?
  15. Is the PhD degree offered by Amity university valid?
  16. How to do Ph.D in Chemistry being a College lecturer?
  17. Will I get M.E or MBA without leaving my job of engineering?
  18. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
27th December 2011, 10:23 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue Ph.D course in English without leaving my Job as Lecturer in Engineering College?

Quote:
Originally Posted by love the way View Post
I Have M.A. english with 58 % marks, I also did M.phil from Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mullana through Distance mode, I want to persue Ph.D in English but the problem is that I am working as lecturer in Engineering college and i cant afford to lose my job.. For ph.D a candidate has to attend six month course work ,,, if i attend course work i cant get six month leave from job.. Is it possible to keep job as well and work for ph.D too.. Can you help please??
If you want to pursue Phd through distance mode, you should pursue it from Indira Gandhi National Open University often referred as IGNOU.
Since you have done M.Phil from a recognized university and have scored more than 55% in the masters degree program, you are eligible to pursue Phd. from IGNOU.
For further information, refer to the official website of IGNOU or contact your nearest IGNOU regional centre.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?