1st December 2011, 07:24 PM
Amrita Dahiya

Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

m a student of final yr cse
actually im not taking coaching from anywhere...n i really desperate for qualifying gate...plz provide me guidelines that what subjects i should study at this time

1st December 2011, 10:39 PM
kavita.chinki

Default Re: Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrita Dahiya View Post
actually im not taking coaching from anywhere...n i really desperate for qualifying gate...plz provide me guidelines that what subjects i should study at this time
dear Amrita ,
GATE is basically based upon your knowledge on any of your graduate level subject. So first you should decide that on which of your graduate level subject you have command. Choose your subject according to your intrest and then prepare that from text books.
Good luck.
2nd December 2011, 02:39 AM
RIZAL AHMED

hey...my seniors are also preparing for gate. I noticed that they just go through the books.I think its a better way.best of luck tho chahiye hoga na....
2nd December 2011, 11:27 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

My Friend,
If you are interested in GATE examination

Then these books are very effective

For more details you can follow these attachments :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gateprosp12.pdf(660.6 KB, 240 views)
5th December 2011, 05:54 PM
ramkapr

I think that qualifying GATE becomes easy if you are good in Maths and Aptitute, so would suggest to give more stress to these 2 topics for last minute prep.
5th December 2011, 08:41 PM
jevirsinh

Hi

Eligibility :-

-You should be in the final year of your engineering/technology or architecture or already having a degree

-Candidates in the 2nd year or higher of the Integrated Master's Degree Program or in the final year of the Dual Degree Program..

Important dates for GATE-2012:

Opening of application form is 12th Sep 2011.
Closing of application form is 17th Oct 2011.
Exam will held on 29th Jan 2012.

You can fill you form on below link
http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012

good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2012 eligibility.pdf(15.7 KB, 128 views)
5th December 2011, 08:57 PM
jks11

Hello friend.

GATE stands for Graduation Aptitude Test for Engineering.

-it is conducted every year for taking admission in M.TECH.

- you can apply in final year.

- GATE score only valid for 1 year.

- There is no limit in how many years to complete engineering.

- there is no cut off in percentage to apply for the gate exam

- there is no age limit for applying for gate exam .

- though gate exam you get admission in IIT AND NIT COLLEGES AND SEVERAL OTHER COLLEGES .

- to take admission in IIT OR NIT COLLEGES you need to score above 99 percentile .

- to clear gate exam you should have good knowledge of your subjects .

- join a gate forum for good preparation .

From 2012 pre-final year student can not apply for the GATE EXAM ,only final year student can apply for it.

All the best..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE 2012 eligibility.pdf(15.7 KB, 96 views)
5th December 2011, 09:46 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE exam is conducted every year . Final year aspirants and those you have completed their bachelor degree in engineering are eligible.
The aspirant can appear in the subject in which they have completed their degree.
The exam paper consist of 55 technical questions and 10 general aptitude questions. The questions include mathematics and questions related to your subject. So you need to prepare for the syllabus as per your discipline and concentrate more in it . The questions has negative marks . You can start preparing from your third year itself.
5th December 2011, 11:01 PM
DRDKS

Thumbs up Re: Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

at first,you should periodize your timetable.
first,be thorough in the subject which is easy to understand for you.you can score 600 sore with this subjects.later,you go to remaining risk subjects.
and also you buy solved question papers of last ten years.and be prepared with that.. there is nothing to worry for this.
6th December 2011, 10:16 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

Quote:
Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

Today no any exam can be considered easy .You should have 3Ds to get success in any field .Here 3D means :
  • Dedication
  • Decipline
  • Determination

Guidelines to Qualify GATE Entrance exam
  • Read thoroughly the syllabus of your last 2 years of your B.Tech course that is 5th,6th, 7th and 8th sememster .Questions are asked mainly from these semesters as these two sememsters contains your branch papers.
  • You must have good command over your branch paper.
  • Give proper time on time management as it is among the major cause of failure of students .
  • Take part in online preparation test conducted by different websites.
  • Don't attempt those question ,in which you are doughtfull.
  • solve previous year papers and new sample papers .
  • Don't hesitate to take the help of any experianced person.
  • If you are still insecure then join any good coaching .The best coaching for this is MADE EASY in delhi.
  • The three keys of success are :
    • Practice
    • Practice
    • Practice

Best book for The preparation of GATE

Made Easy is considered as the best book for the preparation of GATE EXAM.

With Regards
ravik1214
6th December 2011, 10:25 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Well as you want to take admission to the IIT's for the Mtech program then you will have to take the GATE exam in the respective branch in which you are doing your engineering .GATE exam is conducted once in a year to select students for the prestigious IIT's and other institutes which are equally good as IIT's.

Eligibility for GATE:

You must have passed degree in Engineering from recognized university.

Those who are in final year are also allowed to take exam.

You should have master's degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications.

There is no limit in number of attempts you can take.It is unlimited.

There is no upper age limit.

GATE score is valid for 2 years which means that if you can use same score to take admission in IIT's for 2 years.If you have takes the GATE exam both years then the best marks will be consider for the admission .

To get good marks in exam ::

1.Practice as much as you can it will help you to tackle with a difficulty easily

2.Make a proper schedule and follow it regularly

3.Give time to each subjects .

4.Solve previous year papers

5.The question paper include question from what you have studied in your 4 year engineering course so study your engineering books again.

6.Its always help in the end if you have made notes .
6th December 2011, 10:45 AM
tejesh_09

GATE- GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERS exam is conducted every year for admission into M.Tech.

This exam is very tough so one who has Confidence, Patience, Dedication and determination to crack this exam should appear. The B. Tech. engineers are eligible for the GATE exam.

Through and fundamental knowledge of the subject of B.Tech is must for a candidate to succeed this exam. Mostly questions come from the last 2 years syllabus of B.Tech.

Time management is vital for this exam. So prepare and practice the last years question papers as many times as you can and try to participate in online test conducted by some related web sites.

You may take assistance of experience person and if possible you may take coaching from reputed institution to crack GATE.
6th December 2011, 12:37 PM
jayparikh

Quote:
Hi,

GATE score completely depends on your knowledge of engineering(B.E/B.Tech).
you must clear your basic fundamentals of your engineering.
this is the only thing require to get good score in GATE. If you can do it then it will be easier for you to get good score.
best of luck
try your best.
6th December 2011, 12:40 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Guidelines to qualify GATE entrance exam?

Quote:

Complete Info On GATE

GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted for admissions to M.Tech courses in India in various prestigious colleges of India like IITs,NITs,IISc,BITS,etc..

The GATE has become much more competitive since the last year as students aspiring to get into the Public Sector Units have also started participating in GATE as admissions to various PSUs is now being done on the basis of GATE score..

The GATE syllabus mainly consists of topics from the 3rd year and 4th year..so you should prepare well from these topics..

I have attached the syllabus for the CSE GATE..so that you know exactly what you are preparing for..

If you are not taking coaching anywhere then i would certainly suggest you to buy the study material of GATE from a good coaching institute like MADE EASY and also join its test series..

Then you will have the exact syllabus and the topic wise explanation of everything in your hand and the test series will help you out in knowing the level of the competition all over India and more importantly where you stand in this whole competition..so that you can accordingly improve..

I have also attached a few past papers of GATE CSE along with this reply so that you have an idea of the level of the questions asked and the paper pattern..

There is no age limit or restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in GATE

In order to know the eligibility and more details about GATE..just Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
Attached Files
File Type: docx GATE Syllabus for Computer Science-IT.docx(13.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf Gate Computer Science 2004.pdf(604.9 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf Gate Computer Science 2005.pdf(520.6 KB, 125 views)
File Type: pdf Gate Computer Science 2006.pdf(849.5 KB, 141 views)
7th December 2011, 11:27 PM
surekha_katreddy

[QUOTE=nitz90;1479494]
Complete Info On GATE

GATE (Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted for admissions to M.Tech courses in India in various prestigious colleges of India like IITs,NITs,IISc,BITS,etc..

The GATE has become much more competitive since the last year as students aspiring to get into the Public Sector Units have also started participating in GATE as admissions to various PSUs is now being done on the basis of GATE score..

The GATE syllabus mainly consists of topics from the 3rd year and 4th year..so you should prepare well from these topics..

I have attached the syllabus for the CSE GATE..so that you know exactly what you are preparing for..

If you are not taking coaching anywhere then i would certainly suggest you to buy the study material of GATE from a good coaching institute like MADE EASY and also join its test series..

Then you will have the exact syllabus and the topic wise explanation of everything in your hand and the test series will help you out in knowing the level of the competition all over India and more importantly where you stand in this whole competition..so that you can accordingly improve..

I have also attached a few past papers of GATE CSE along with this reply so that you have an idea of the level of the questions asked and the paper pattern..

There is no age limit or restriction on the number of attempts for appearing in GATE

Try to answer the questions about which you are quite confident as there is negative marking in GATE

WITH BEST REGARDS
22nd December 2011, 05:12 PM
ramkapr

I visited this website www.thegateacademy.com (The GATE Academy). I found the website to be interesting, apart from providing the previous year GATE papers, they have put a quiet a few number of free Online tests as well as free questions for practice. I think any one preparing for GATE needs to visit this website atleast once!
9th January 2012, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

what is the score in ygpa is required to appear gate entrance exam?
31st January 2012, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
if you are final year student and not get coaching for gate you should learn Computer organisation (MEMEORY SPECIALLY CACHE MEMEORY IN DETAIL WITH CALUCULATING PART ), ADVANCED DATA STRUCTURES LIKE TREE, AVL, B+ , GRAPH THEORY IN DETAILED , DIGITAL ELECTRONICS , AND IN MATHEMATICS EIGEN VALUE AND EIGEN VECTOR , SET THEORY , INTEGRATION , DIFFERETIATION
28th August 2012, 10:53 PM
ANILENTRANCE

hello amrita,
work hard on important topics of your cse subject. practice make man perfect so practice more and prefers some special book on gate. discause more with gate quallifier.belive on your inner strength.wish u all the best.
anil yadav
29th August 2012, 01:26 AM
prince raj1

hi..
You must have passed degree in Engineering from recognized university.
Those who are in final year are also allowed to take exam.
Guidelines==
You must have good command over your branch paper.
Give proper time on time management as it is among the major cause of failure of students.
Take part in online preparation test conducted by different websites.
Don't attempt those questions, in which you are doughtfull.
Solve previous year papers and new sample papers.
Don't hesitate to take the help of any experienced person.
29th August 2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

well its a big task to qualitf gate entrance exam,but if you believe yourself....then everythg is possible.

Some guidelines for qualifying Gate Exam are as follows:

1) Go through your syllabus gor Gate Exam . Some syllabus for Gate exam is:
a)go through your 1st year to 3-2 syllabus
b)refer some important books.
c) MAKE A ROUTINE for studing.
d) make commound on your favourite subject from your branch.

For Mechanical
1)Theory of Machine
2)DMM-1
3)STRENGHT OF MATRIAL
4)Engineering Mathematics
6th November 2013, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

if i am not perfect in mathematics.for mechanical is it important to study math.without math can i qualify gate if yes than how?
1st December 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am first year student of CE branch & I want to start my preparation for gate & I have no idea about it so how can I start my preparstion till now?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?