9th January 2012, 11:12 AM
selvamcivil

For which government jobs am I eligible after passing civil engineering? How to apply for government exam?

nom i am currently doing final year civil engg dep.what are the govt exam eligible for me. and how to apply for govt examination.

Related Questions:
  1. What type of government exam I can apply for after completion of B.Com Graduation?
  2. What are the opportunities available in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  3. Am I eligible for government jobs after passing B.E civil engineering in 2nd class?
  4. Am I eligible for Government jobs if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  5. Can I get government job on the basis of Civil Diploma? Right procedure to get such job?
  6. Is there any government jobs available for candidates who are above 38 years of age?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for civil government job after completion of 5 years service in Indian Army?
  8. Is there any Government job for Civil Engineering candidates?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for government job if I have the B.A graduation certificate?
  10. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) female student?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for any government job before 20years of age even before I completed my graduation?
  12. In which Government jobs am I eligible after completing B.Tech in ECE? Criteria for the government jobs? Which exams to appear for? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What are the government job opportunities available after completion of B.Tech course? What is the syllabus followed for the exam?
  14. What are the jobs available in Government sector for Civil Engineering freshers?
  15. Am I eligible to get a government job if I have completed 12th from NIOS board? -- [New]
  16. How can i become a Lecturer in Government Engineering College?
  17. Eligibility for government jobs after diploma with 80%?
  18. If I have 62% in B.E ECE can I apply for government jobs? Which are the upcoming government exams?
2nd February 2012, 09:55 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which government jobs am I eligible after passing civil engineering? How to apply for government exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvamcivil View Post
nom i am currently doing final year civil engg dep.what are the govt exam eligible for me. and how to apply for govt examination.
Hi,

Civil Engineering is a core branch of engineering and the students completed their engineering in civil, will mostly get placed in government sectors.

There is a continuous demand of civil engineers in Government sectors.

TASK OF CIVIL ENGINEERS

The task of Civil engineers are directly or indirectly related to construction.

In developing countries like INDIA, where every day a new thing is being constructed, the demand of civil engineers will obviously increase.

Today we can see that, everywhere, large apartments, residents, villas, super malls, new roads and highways, repairing roads, towers, amusement parks, dams, barrages etc are being constructed in India. And all these work of constuction needs civil engineers.

CIVIL ENGINEERS JOBS

If you go through newapapers regularly, you will notice, every week there is atleast one job vacancy advertisement will be there for civil engineers and that too mostly by the govt. organization. Their demand is increasing with each passing day and will continue to increase for in coming years.

For, example recently, Andhra Pradesh Public Service commision will recruit nearly 1500 civil engineers with a pay scale of 16,000 to 42,000 per month.
Government organizations in India like BHEL, SAIL, NTPC, ONGC, etc recruits civil engineers every year.

You can also apply for other government jobs like bank jobs, Railway jobs, SSC, etc.

So after completing your Graduation you can apply for many jobs in government sectors. You are in your final year, right now also you can apply for jobs like IES, IAS, IPS, CDS etc conducted by UPSC.

To know more job details in UPSC, visit: http://upsc.gov.in/
3rd February 2012, 12:40 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: For which government jobs am I eligible after passing civil engineering? How to apply for government exam?

If you wish to remain loyal to your Civil Engg discipline, then you can apply for Indian Engg Services Exam, which covers several user deaprtments like Railways, PWD, etc.

Otherwise, you can use the "Any degree" eligibility in exams like Civil Services, Combined Defence Services, etc.

For these things, keep watching the UPSC website at http://www.upsc.gov.in/. In fact, they have a calendar for a whole year indicating which exam activity will kick start in which month.

You may also keep a keen watch on state public service commission websites.

All the best.
4th February 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

KINDLY SEND THE LAST FIVE YEAR SOLVED QUESTION PAPERS OF SSC CIVIL EXAM ON MY EMAIL ID...............MY EMAIL ID IS [email protected]
2nd March 2012, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech in civil engineer in 2011 please tell in which goverment sector i apply & eligibility criteria please mail to me my id [email protected]
3rd October 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.e civil 3rd yr i like to work in public work department for tat what i have to do?is there any exam for this i want clear information please mail to me my id is [email protected]
4th April 2013, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

i wish to change my branch form ECE to civil engineering ! so does civil engineering have any scope for girls ???
23rd December 2013, 02:55 AM
Unregistered

i am studying b.e civil 3rd yr i like to work in public work department for tat what i have to do?is there any exam for this i want clear information please mail to me my id is [email protected]
5th January 2015, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

I am i n 3rd year of civil engineering. I want job in ongc what should I do ?
31st January 2015, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for government jop after passing civil engineering in 70% but 10th & 12th in second class?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?